Supplier of solid wood drawer side material

Old March 29th 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Supplier of solid wood drawer side material

Does anyone know of a supplier of 1/2" to 5/8" solid drawer side
material, preferable maple? I need a width of at least 6"s.

Thanks

Old March 29th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/29/2006 7:03 AM foster239 mumbled something about the following:
Does anyone know of a supplier of 1/2" to 5/8" solid drawer side
material, preferable maple? I need a width of at least 6"s.

Thanks

I have some 4/4 Red Maple that you could resaw down to 5/8 or 1/2. It's
been stickered and air dried in a shed for a year now.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Old March 29th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.woodworking

"foster239" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know of a supplier of 1/2" to 5/8" solid drawer side
material, preferable maple? I need a width of at least 6"s.

Thanks

My local Lowe's carries oak, poplar and I believe maple as well in 1/2"
stock, 3-1/2" wide, 5-1/2" wide and possibly 7-1/2" wide.

Gary

Old March 30th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 30 Mar 2006 07:41:04 -0800, "bf" wrote:

foster239 wrote:
Does anyone know of a supplier of 1/2" to 5/8" solid drawer side
material, preferable maple? I need a width of at least 6"s.

Thanks

If 3/4 material is all you have, I'd just use that for your drawers..
Drawers don't have to be 1/2"

Three-quarter inch makes a drawer rather heavy. If you have heavy
duty slides it won't make a lot of difference. I have used 1/2"
cabinet-grade ply and applied solid-hardwood edging, ply is not cheap,
but available at the BORG.
Old April 2nd 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.woodworking

"foster239" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know of a supplier of 1/2" to 5/8" solid drawer side
material, preferable maple? I need a width of at least 6"s.

Thanks

What's wrong with 1/2" Baltic birch plywood? Stable, attractive, strong, no
voids. Makes great drawer sides.

Max

Old April 4th 13, 09:58 PM
Junior Member

Default Solid Wood Drawer Side Material

I have 1000's of feet of Hard Maple for Drawer Sides as well as Cherry, Oak and Poplar.

write to me at: waltamb @ npacc . net

see pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foster239 View Post
Does anyone know of a supplier of 1/2" to 5/8" solid drawer side
material, preferable maple? I need a width of at least 6"s.

Thanks

Last edited by waltamb : April 4th 13 at 10:00 PM. Reason: incomplete