DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DeWaLT 12" MITER SAWS. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/147169-dewalt-12-miter-saws.html)

Herb Robinson March 2nd 06 03:53 PM

DeWaLT 12" MITER SAWS.

What is the difference between a DeWalt model DW706 and DW716? Costco has a
sale price of $299.99 coming up for the DW706 and Home Depot has the DW716
on sale now for $399. Is there a significant difference between the two?

Pat Barber March 2nd 06 07:39 PM

DeWaLT 12" MITER SAWS.

One is a "single bevel" and the other is a "double bevel"....

I assume at this point that you know what means.

You might try looking he

http://www.dewalt.com/us/core/

Chris Friesen March 2nd 06 09:33 PM

DeWaLT 12" MITER SAWS.

Pat Barber wrote:
One is a "single bevel" and the other is a "double bevel"....

I assume at this point that you know what means.

You might try looking he

http://www.dewalt.com/us/core/

I didn't actually see the DW706 there...you sure you're not looking at
the DW715?

According to Amazon, they're both double-bevel:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Chris

Pat Barber March 2nd 06 09:59 PM

DeWaLT 12" MITER SAWS.

Based on the Dewalt site, the Dw706 is a "gone" model.
It does NOT show up as a current machine.

When I glanced at the machines, I missed somthing.

Sorry about the confusion.