Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone Need Parts from Old Rockwell 1/2" Drill?

I got an old Rockwell 378 drill - same as model 634/635. This is the
old single-speed beast with the D-handle on the back that will rip your
arm off if you get it hung up! Anyway, I took it apart and cleaned it
up, re-lubed gear reduction unit, etc. Ran pretty sweet until the
field coil I forgot to put the screws back in turned in the housing,
shorted, and burnt open! @&$#*!

Pretty much everything but the field coil is good - e-mail if you need
parts. Pricing will be very reasonable (but will double for any smart
remarks about what happened .

Thanks,
Wally

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to wallyblackburn, Tom Turnbaugh wrote:
wallyblackburn wrote:

I got an old Rockwell 378 drill - same as model 634/635. This is the
old single-speed beast with the D-handle on the back that will rip your
arm off if you get it hung up! Anyway, I took it apart and cleaned it
up, re-lubed gear reduction unit, etc. Ran pretty sweet until the
field coil I forgot to put the screws back in turned in the housing,
shorted, and burnt open! @&$#*!
Pretty much everything but the field coil is good - e-mail if you need
parts. Pricing will be very reasonable (but will double for any smart
remarks about what happened .
Thanks,
Wally

I need a power cord for a 378R

Posted to rec.woodworking

Martin Eastburn wrote in
news
wallyblackburn wrote:

I got an old Rockwell 378 drill - same as model 634/635. This is
the old single-speed beast with the D-handle on the back that will
rip your arm off if you get it hung up! Anyway, I took it apart and
cleaned it up, re-lubed gear reduction unit, etc. Ran pretty sweet
until the field coil I forgot to put the screws back in turned in
the housing, shorted, and burnt open! @&$#*!
Pretty much everything but the field coil is good - e-mail if you
need parts. Pricing will be very reasonable (but will double for
any smart remarks about what happened .
Thanks,
Wally

I need a power cord for a 378R

Get the motor fixed or replace it. Simple as that.
Martin

Since Wally posted about his drill in 2006, I'm going to
guess that he no longer has it available, either to supply
parts or to repair the motor.

Y'know, looking up the date on these ancient posts is not
hard work. I dunno why folk can't do it before they post.

John
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/20/2015 10:50 AM, John McCoy wrote:

Y'know, looking up the date on these ancient posts is not
hard work. I dunno why folk can't do it before they post.

John

Sometimes it seems the date does not show up. Do you make it a habit to
check the date on every post you read/reply to?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 10/20/2015 10:50 AM, John McCoy wrote:

Y'know, looking up the date on these ancient posts is not
hard work. I dunno why folk can't do it before they post.

John

Sometimes it seems the date does not show up. Do you make it a habit to
check the date on every post you read/reply to?

Surely that depends on the client software. Mine only shows articles
posted since the last time I accessed the newsgroup, making it impossible
to accidentally reply to a decade-old post.

Google news, on the other hand, forgot about human interface design
when creating their replacement for dejanews.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/20/2015 10:26 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/20/2015 10:50 AM, John McCoy wrote:

Y'know, looking up the date on these ancient posts is not
hard work. I dunno why folk can't do it before they post.

John

Sometimes it seems the date does not show up. Do you make it a habit to
check the date on every post you read/reply to?

And regardless, what does it hurt. It will educate someone whether the
post is ancient or new.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi I need the switch handle and a brush cover. I live in Homer, Alaska so let me know how much you would like for the parts. My zip code is 99603 so check the frieght. Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to wallyblackburn, jack wrote:
do you still have this? if so I would buy it for parts. I need a start switch

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ill-80199-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

jack m wrote in
:

replying to wallyblackburn, jack wrote:
do you still have this? if so I would buy it for parts. I need a start
switch

Hi jack,

If you'd post a new thread, describing what you need we might be able to
help. Most of us can't see the message you're replying to, our
newsreaders don't go back far enough.

Homeowners Hub doesn't actually run a forum in the traditional sense, 99%
of its content comes from a medium called Usenet. Most of us are
accessing Usenet and Homeowners Hub is just posting that content on their
site.

Now that you understand that, I'd like to invite you to join in! We love
talking about woodworking and woodworking tools, so if that's your cup of
tea you'll fit right in.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

jack m wrote in
:

replying to wallyblackburn, jack wrote:
do you still have this? if so I would buy it for parts. I need a start
switch

Hi jack,

If you'd post a new thread, describing what you need we might be able to
help. Most of us can't see the message you're replying to, our
newsreaders don't go back far enough.

Puckdropper

Puck, here's the original post, as I see it.

2/14/06

I got an old Rockwell 378 drill - same as model 634/635. This is the
old single-speed beast with the D-handle on the back that will rip your
arm off if you get it hung up! Anyway, I took it apart and cleaned it
up, re-lubed gear reduction unit, etc. Ran pretty sweet until the
field coil I forgot to put the screws back in turned in the housing,
shorted, and burnt open! @&$#*!
Pretty much everything but the field coil is good - e-mail if you need
parts. Pricing will be very reasonable (but will double for any smart
remarks about what happened .

Thanks,
Wally

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 4:14:05 PM UTC-5, jack wrote:
replying to wallyblackburn, jack wrote:
do you still have this? if so I would buy it for parts. I need a start switch

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ill-80199-.htm

Jack, there's one on Ebay.... seems kinna pricey, but states it's clean and in good shape.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Rockw...AOSw3v5YoTM V

Sonny