DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Old bandsaw info (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/144669-old-bandsaw-info.html)

Thomas Adams February 13th 06 11:52 PM

Old bandsaw info

I just aquired an old Sears band saw in great shape. I was wondering if
anyone had any info on this model or knew where to get any info. Sears was
less than helpful. Their answer was it is obsolete, no data in the system.
The model is 102.01121 . It runs great and cuts smooth. Best of all it was
free. I would love to come up with a manual and maybe a parts list. I looks
to have a lot of life left in it if cared for. Thanks in advance for any
help.

--
Tom Adams

Joe Barta February 14th 06 12:08 AM

Old bandsaw info

Thomas Adams wrote:

I just aquired an old Sears band saw in great shape. I was
wondering if anyone had any info on this model or knew where to
get any info. Sears was less than helpful. Their answer was it is
obsolete, no data in the system. The model is 102.01121 . It runs
great and cuts smooth. Best of all it was free. I would love to
come up with a manual and maybe a parts list. I looks to have a
lot of life left in it if cared for. Thanks in advance for any
help.

Holy cow! Obsolete is right. The thing looks like it was made in 1840!

http://tinyurl.com/8ffa7
http://images.google.com/images?q=102.01121

Does it plug into the wall or do you just hook it up to a mule?

Joe Barta

Thomas Adams February 14th 06 12:22 AM

Old bandsaw info

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
Thomas Adams wrote:

I just aquired an old Sears band saw in great shape. I was
wondering if anyone had any info on this model or knew where to
get any info. Sears was less than helpful. Their answer was it is
obsolete, no data in the system. The model is 102.01121 . It runs
great and cuts smooth. Best of all it was free. I would love to
come up with a manual and maybe a parts list. I looks to have a
lot of life left in it if cared for. Thanks in advance for any
help.

Holy cow! Obsolete is right. The thing looks like it was made in 1840!

http://tinyurl.com/8ffa7
http://images.google.com/images?q=102.01121

Does it plug into the wall or do you just hook it up to a mule?

Joe Barta

Mine is in a lot better shape than the ones in the photos. It still has what
appears to be the original motor, not mule. You do have to kick it to get it
going like a mule though.
--
Tom Adams

Brian Hoyt February 14th 06 04:44 PM

Old bandsaw info

Consulting the Sears manufacturers numbers list shows that it was built by
Walker Turner, if that is any help.

Thomas Adams wrote:
I just aquired an old Sears band saw in great shape. I was wondering if
anyone had any info on this model or knew where to get any info. Sears was
less than helpful. Their answer was it is obsolete, no data in the system.
The model is 102.01121 . It runs great and cuts smooth. Best of all it was
free. I would love to come up with a manual and maybe a parts list. I looks
to have a lot of life left in it if cared for. Thanks in advance for any
help.

--
Tom Adams

--
Brian Hoyt Email: Brian dot Hoyt at Dal dot Ca
Stillwater Lake, Nova Scotia