Posted to rec.woodworking
jkline

Default Small Hinge for Box with recessed Lid

I am looking for a hinge tha will work on a very small box with very
thin sides and lid (1/4"). The lid of the box sits on top and flush
with the sides, but has a lip around the inside that fits into the body
of the box. I want to keep that recessed lip (it keeps the lid
centered nicely) and still hinge the box. I do not want the hinge
visible when the box lid is down. While this might seem strange, its
all right if the hinges are attached with bolts that are exposed, I
just don't want the hinge showing.

This does not have to be heavy duty. I have actually thought about
using a briefcase suport arm as an actual hinge, but am looking for any
other ideas.

I have looked all over the net for hinges. I cannot find anything.
tha would do what I want.

Thanks

Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

I have looked all over the net for hinges. I cannot find anything.
tha would do what I want.

Did you check Rockler.com and leevalley.com? I've found their stuff
doesn't always come up on the first few pages of a google search, but
they both have a wide variety of woodworking hardware, and they're both
excellent companies to work with.
Maybe the "small box hinges" at
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/Se...x?c=3&action=n
or the "Mini Concealed Soss Hinge" from