Posted to rec.woodworking
Ben

Default Quarter sawn oak (4/4 and plywood) in NE Indiana?

I just moved to northeast Indiana and am trimming out the interior of
an Arts and Crafts bungalow. I am having trouble finding a source for
quarter sawn oak in 4/4 and veneered plywood (1/4"). Does anyone have
some recommendations?

Thanks for your time,
Ben

Posted to rec.woodworking
TT

I get my oak from Frank Miller Lumber. They're in Union City, IN, but
will deliver at no extra charge within 100 miles (which includes Fort
Wayne). Don't know if that covers you, however.

TT

On 8 Feb 2006 17:16:25 -0800, "Ben" wrote:

I just moved to northeast Indiana and am trimming out the interior of
an Arts and Crafts bungalow. I am having trouble finding a source for
quarter sawn oak in 4/4 and veneered plywood (1/4"). Does anyone have
some recommendations?

Thanks for your time,
Ben

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

In article .com, "Ben" wrote:
I just moved to northeast Indiana and am trimming out the interior of
an Arts and Crafts bungalow. I am having trouble finding a source for
quarter sawn oak in 4/4 and veneered plywood (1/4"). Does anyone have
some recommendations?

Depends on how far you want to drive. I'm in Indianapolis. My favorite sources
for QS oak are Frank Miller Lumber in Union City, Hollingsworth Lumber in
Russiaville (some 6-8 miles west of Kokomo), and Northwest Lumber in
Indianapolis. Not sure which of those is closer to you... and there may well
be somebody in the FW area, too, that I'm not aware of.

--
Regards,