Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug

Default old Rockwell bandsaw

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can help me with this matter. I just
received a wonderful gift. My buddy gave me an old Rockwell bandsaw.
It seems to run but needs some restoration/cleanup. Is there anyone
out there that knows how to find a manual to this machine, as I nor my
buddy know how to arrange the belts to the pulleys? Also, are there
any books on restoring old machinery available and reccomended? The
only things that I know about this is it is a Rockwell 14" bandsaw,
series no. 28-300, serial no. FR-4908. Cast on the arm of the machine
is : 5-3-73 and LBS28. This might be the date of manufacture. I would
love to get this machine back to working condition. Any help is
greatly appreciated.
Doug

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

http://www.owwm.com/

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
George

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Doug" wrote in message

only things that I know about this is it is a Rockwell 14" bandsaw,
series no. 28-300, serial no. FR-4908. Cast on the arm of the machine
is : 5-3-73 and LBS28. This might be the date of manufacture. I would
love to get this machine back to working condition. Any help is
greatly appreciated.

http://www.owwm.com/

Not to mention that this saw is about 90% the same as the recent Deltas. So
go to Delta's site, http://www.deltamachinery.com/ get the number for the
manual, and call 'em for a copy.

Until then
http://www.acetoolrepair.com/model_s...keyword=28-300

Posted to rec.woodworking
Anon Ymous

I have a Rockwell/Delta mod. 28-200 band saw. I guess somewhere along
the line Rockwell and Delta merged. I found a manual for mine on Delta's
site (http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=132) but not yours. My
guess is they are very close. If you have a jack shaft with extra
pulleys and belts, you may have a metal cutting saw. They add the extra
gear reduction to slow the blade down. I'll skip the gloat on how I got
mine, but after a new motor, tires and guide blocks it works great!

Good luck!

Tom

Doug wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can help me with this matter. I just
received a wonderful gift. My buddy gave me an old Rockwell bandsaw.
It seems to run but needs some restoration/cleanup. Is there anyone
out there that knows how to find a manual to this machine, as I nor my
buddy know how to arrange the belts to the pulleys? Also, are there
any books on restoring old machinery available and reccomended? The
only things that I know about this is it is a Rockwell 14" bandsaw,
series no. 28-300, serial no. FR-4908. Cast on the arm of the machine
is : 5-3-73 and LBS28. This might be the date of manufacture. I would
love to get this machine back to working condition. Any help is
greatly appreciated.
Doug

manual for rockwell bandsaw? trs80 Woodworking 16 November 11th 05 06:50 PM
Rockwell Bandsaw Brian Woodworking 8 April 26th 04 08:22 PM
Maloof: “Then I just cut ________ on the bandsaw charlie b Woodworking 12 November 16th 03 04:53 PM
Bandsaw Box... jim Woodworking 8 November 1st 03 05:07 PM
Rockwell 20" bandsaw question Steve Smith Woodworking 7 September 18th 03 12:13 PM