Problem with Stihl 041 AV

Old January 16th 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Problem with Stihl 041 AV

Recently got this saw(my first) and I had it running but it would not
idle. I adjusted the low speed screw but was a little heavy handed,
turnrf it too much and flooded the engine. I let it sit for the night
now I can't get it started at all. I get the pull cord out a foot and
it snaps back HARD. The compression has gone way up and I am at a
loss. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Etienne