Posted to rec.woodworking
Fingersintact

Default HC Mortiser & Tenoning jig.....

Greetings!

I have been woodworking for two yrs now and would like to get into
making mortise and tenon joints a little quicker. I saved my pennies
and I am planning on purchasing a mortise machine and tenon. jig. I was
looking into Delta.....the reviews I found on Amazon for the jig were
terrible....any feedback from owners of this equipment? The mortise
machine has the cast iron table.... I apologize if this subject has
come up before.....new guy!

Thanks!

Posted to rec.woodworking
joe

Hi. I just traded in a Powermatic floor model mortise machine. I
didn't like it. I have researched man and found the General table
mount to be the most effective. They are not a machine that you will
use often but when you do, you want a quality machine. Get the model
that tilts. It is high quality and about half the price of the floor
model and will do the same thing.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

On 15 Jan 2006 13:02:22 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Fingersintact" quickly quoth:

Greetings!

I have been woodworking for two yrs now and would like to get into
making mortise and tenon joints a little quicker. I saved my pennies
and I am planning on purchasing a mortise machine and tenon. jig. I was
looking into Delta.....the reviews I found on Amazon for the jig were
terrible....any feedback from owners of this equipment? The mortise
machine has the cast iron table.... I apologize if this subject has
come up before.....new guy!

What's your need and price range?

Machines with the best bang for the buck are the Shop Fox W-1671
benchtop ($229) and larger General 75-075 ($800) floor model. The
Shop Fox can handle much larger wood than most of the others in
the benchtop size.

http://www.toolseeker.com/WdWkMac/Mortiser.htm for more info.

(std disclaimer applies)

Never attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design
Posted to rec.woodworking
JES

Fingersintact skrev:
Greetings!

I have been woodworking for two yrs now and would like to get into
making mortise and tenon joints a little quicker. I saved my pennies
and I am planning on purchasing a mortise machine and tenon. jig. I was
looking into Delta.....the reviews I found on Amazon for the jig were
terrible....any feedback from owners of this equipment? The mortise
machine has the cast iron table.... I apologize if this subject has
come up before.....new guy!

This one is sweet...:
URL:http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=46523&cat=1,43000

jes