Posted to rec.woodworking
andy

Default crown mouldings

This is New to me,but going to try,do you need a compound miter saw to cut
crown mouldings or just use 45 and block the bottom to fit square to back
and bottom of miter saw,thought I'd better ask before I have a pill of 2'
pieces all over the floor,any an all help will be good
I delete previous posting,I hope my miter saw skills are better than my
computer

Posted to rec.woodworking
Squarei4dtoolguy

andy wrote:
do you need a compound miter saw to cut
crown mouldings or just use 45 and block the bottom to fit square to back
and bottom of miter saw,

If you are using the upside down method of cut, you do not need a
compound miter saw. But check your corners as they may not be true 90
degree angles.

Tom in KY, there are crooked houses everywhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Steven L Umbach

I bought a tool called an angle divisor at Menard's for about ten bucks that
helps in measuring such. It actually seems pretty accurate or at least close
enough for that kind of measuring. The link below is what it looks like and
you can check your local stores if interested. --- Steve

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=66588

"Squarei4dtoolguy" wrote in message
oups.com...

andy wrote:
do you need a compound miter saw to cut
crown mouldings or just use 45 and block the bottom to fit square to back
and bottom of miter saw,

If you are using the upside down method of cut, you do not need a
compound miter saw. But check your corners as they may not be true 90
degree angles.

Tom in KY, there are crooked houses everywhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Squarei4dtoolguy

Steven L Umbach wrote:
I bought a tool called an angle divisor at Menard's for about ten bucks that
helps in measuring such. It actually seems pretty accurate or at least close
enough for that kind of measuring.

Yep,

I've got a Starrett ProSite Protractor 505A 12. The link below will
wrap and probably not work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

It gives me the angle of the corner and the miter angle.

Tom in KY, cool tool accumulator.

crown mouldings andy Woodworking 3 January 11th 06 01:27 AM
Cast Concrete Mouldings tghattaq Home Repair 10 December 10th 05 11:45 PM
kitchen crown moulding problem - long Melissa Home Repair 5 July 2nd 05 03:29 PM
looking for tips re crown moulding install [email protected] Woodworking 2 June 5th 05 08:23 PM
crown molding problem nemo Woodworking 10 June 4th 04 02:24 AM