Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default Charlie Self's newsletter

I am past the date for starting my newsletter, and will be much further past
before it happens. Time keeps running out.

I just started a simpler endeavor, a blog, and it has some information to
explain that, and shortly will carry much of what I had hoped to put in the
newsletter.

http://charlieswoodinfo.blogspot.com/

You can still check out my web site at www.charlieselfonline.com, too.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:58:23 GMT, "Charles Self"
wrote:

I am past the date for starting my newsletter, and will be much further past
before it happens. Time keeps running out.

I just started a simpler endeavor, a blog, and it has some information to
explain that, and shortly will carry much of what I had hoped to put in the
newsletter.

http://charlieswoodinfo.blogspot.com/

Good idea Charles. It looks like if one wants to leave a comment for
you, they have to create a blogspot as well because the blog won't allow
anonymous comments and when one creates an ID, you also get a blog setup as
well.

You can still check out my web site at www.charlieselfonline.com, too.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Gordon

Charlie ...

I have a small suggestion for you regarding your website. Looking at the
code on your home page, a couple of lines down from the top, there is the
"html" tag, followed on the next line by the "head" tag, followed by the
"title" tag which encloses the word "Home." I recommend that you change
"Home" to "Charlie Self Online" or some other more descriptive variation.
The reason for this is that when someone bookmarks your site, it currently
shows up only as "Home" in their Bookmarks or Favorites list. Changing the
Title tag will make it easier for people to find you when they want to
return to your site.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

"Lee Gordon" wrote in message
Charlie ...

I have a small suggestion for you regarding your website. Looking at the
code on your home page, a couple of lines down from the top, there is the
"html" tag, followed on the next line by the "head" tag, followed by the
"title" tag which encloses the word "Home." I recommend that you change
"Home" to "Charlie Self Online" or some other more descriptive variation.
The reason for this is that when someone bookmarks your site, it currently
shows up only as "Home" in their Bookmarks or Favorites list. Changing
the Title tag will make it easier for people to find you when they want to
return to your site.

Good idea. Now, all I have to do is figure out how. This thing is an
easy-to-do freebie from Yahoo, and I'm more transparent than the code is, at
least to me. I'll give it a shot, though, as that sounds like a help.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Gordon

If the Yahoo webpage creation soft ware allows you to edit the title of a
page after you have created it, that's all you need to do. If it doesn't
let you do that, the process is only slightly more complicated.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Lee Gordon
wrote:

The reason for this is that when someone bookmarks your site, it currently
shows up only as "Home" in their Bookmarks or Favorites list. Changing the
Title tag will make it easier for people to find you when they want to
return to your site.

When I bookmarked it earlier today it showed up as "Charlie's
Woodworking Info".

djb

--
Any government will work if authority and responsibility are equal and
coordinate. This does not insure "good" government; it simply insures that it
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...
In article , Lee Gordon
wrote:

The reason for this is that when someone bookmarks your site, it
currently
shows up only as "Home" in their Bookmarks or Favorites list. Changing
the
Title tag will make it easier for people to find you when they want to
return to your site.

When I bookmarked it earlier today it showed up as "Charlie's
Woodworking Info".

Same here.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith Carlson

"Charles Self" wrote in message
I am past the date for starting my newsletter, and will be much further
past before it happens. Time keeps running out.

I just started a simpler endeavor, a blog, and it has some information to
explain that, and shortly will carry much of what I had hoped to put in
the newsletter.

http://charlieswoodinfo.blogspot.com/

You can still check out my web site at www.charlieselfonline.com, too.

Huh. Quite a varied lot of books on the Articles/Books page.

What I'd like to know is how you got the Robin to stand still for that cover
picture. Is it alive?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Gordon

When I bookmarked it earlier today it showed up as "Charlie's
Woodworking Info".

That's what you get when you bookmark http://charlieswoodinfo.blogspot.com/
..
But when you bookmark www.charlieselfonline.com you get "Home."

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"Lee Gordon" wrote

When I bookmarked it earlier today it showed up as "Charlie's
Woodworking Info".

That's what you get when you bookmark
http://charlieswoodinfo.blogspot.com/ .
But when you bookmark www.charlieselfonline.com you get "Home."

Lee

I tried it a couple of minutes ago and got
http://www.charlieselfonline.com/

At the bottom of the page there was A New Twist For Woodworkers,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Lee Gordon
wrote:

But when you bookmark www.charlieselfonline.com you get "Home."

Bugger. I hate it when I misread a post and then reply based on the
misread.

You, sir, are correct.

djb

--
The moral difference between a soldier and a civilian is that the soldier
accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic of which he
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"Lee Michaels" wrote

"Lee Gordon" wrote

When I bookmarked it earlier today it showed up as "Charlie's
Woodworking Info".

That's what you get when you bookmark
http://charlieswoodinfo.blogspot.com/ .
But when you bookmark www.charlieselfonline.com you get "Home."

Lee

I tried it a couple of minutes ago and got
http://www.charlieselfonline.com/

At the bottom of the page there was A New Twist For Woodworkers,

OK, I got it now. When you bookmark, etc. You were correct. I bookmarked
the blogspot URL.

How many URL's do you have Charlie? We are going to need a scorecard to keep
track.

Not that I am complaining or anything. Your contributions are much
appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Lee Michaels" wrote

"Lee Gordon" wrote

When I bookmarked it earlier today it showed up as "Charlie's
Woodworking Info".

That's what you get when you bookmark
http://charlieswoodinfo.blogspot.com/ .
But when you bookmark www.charlieselfonline.com you get "Home."

Lee

I tried it a couple of minutes ago and got
http://www.charlieselfonline.com/

At the bottom of the page there was A New Twist For Woodworkers,

OK, I got it now. When you bookmark, etc. You were correct. I bookmarked
the blogspot URL.

How many URL's do you have Charlie? We are going to need a scorecard to
keep track.

Not that I am complaining or anything. Your contributions are much
appreciated.

At the moment, two. I won't add more than a single woodworking URL after
this, and may well just stick with what I've got. It depends, and not on the
diaper.

I should be pretty well covered with the woodworking URLs for now, with one
mostly for shorts (blog), and the web site for longer material. There may be
some crossfeed there, too, but I'm going to try to not use the same material
in both.

I am thinking about one next year on digital photography--not a how to, but
a batch of my photos for sale, mostly on cars, mostly old like some of those
on my web site. That's going to be in a formative stage until I get at least
15 more cars in the line-up, and until I get some better shots of a few of
the current ones.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

"Keith Carlson" wrote in message
"Charles Self" wrote in message
I am past the date for starting my newsletter, and will be much further
past before it happens. Time keeps running out.

I just started a simpler endeavor, a blog, and it has some information to
explain that, and shortly will carry much of what I had hoped to put in
the newsletter.

http://charlieswoodinfo.blogspot.com/

You can still check out my web site at www.charlieselfonline.com, too.

Huh. Quite a varied lot of books on the Articles/Books page.

What I'd like to know is how you got the Robin to stand still for that
cover picture. Is it alive?

That was a NYC photographer's photo prop stock room robin. The guy who shot
the cover for Sterling supplied the cover material. My guess: it was
stuffed.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Gordon

Bugger. I hate it when I misread a post and then reply based on the
misread.

You, sir, are correct.

At least you didn't call me names and criticize my spelling. g

Lee