Posted to rec.woodworking
djs

Default Lever Cap Screw

I bought a Stanley 9 1/2 block plane on ebay. What a mistake. The
Lever Cap screw is to short and only catches by about a half turn of
the threads and even then, I can't move the lever into the set
position. I think what I need is a slightly longer screw to get over
this problem. Does anyone know where a person can find a lever cap
screw that is a little longer?

Thanks in Advance,
djs

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Gorman

djs wrote:
I bought a Stanley 9 1/2 block plane on ebay. What a mistake. The
Lever Cap screw is to short and only catches by about a half turn of
the threads and even then, I can't move the lever into the set
position. I think what I need is a slightly longer screw to get over
this problem. Does anyone know where a person can find a lever cap
screw that is a little longer?

Thanks in Advance,
djs

Stanley Parts 1-800-262-2161 Lori
I think they're Central Standard time there, but I could be wrong.
Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tools for Woodworking in New York City. Their website is their name
with a .com at the end.

Gary in California

Posted to rec.woodworking

Or this guy in Katy, Texas.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mike_in_k...od/Default.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

"djs" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a Stanley 9 1/2 block plane on ebay. What a mistake. The
Lever Cap screw is to short and only catches by about a half turn of
the threads and even then, I can't move the lever into the set
position. I think what I need is a slightly longer screw to get over
this problem. Does anyone know where a person can find a lever cap
screw that is a little longer?

Thanks in Advance,
djs

First make sure the iron and adjuster are seated properly, then afterall,
its only a screw, get a longer one.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Stanley Parts 1-800-262-2161 Lori
I think they're Central Standard time there, but I could be wrong.
Joe

Her extension # is (or has been maybe) 54107, so you don't run into
"that guy from Poland" ... lol, you don't want that at all.

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Gorman

AAvK wrote:
Stanley Parts 1-800-262-2161 Lori
I think they're Central Standard time there, but I could be wrong.
Joe

Her extension # is (or has been maybe) 54107, so you don't run into
"that guy from Poland" ... lol, you don't want that at all.

Oops, I had that, but forgot to include it.
Excuse me while I go beat my head against the wall.
Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Oops, I had that, but forgot to include it.
Excuse me while I go beat my head against the wall.
Joe

Stop when it hurts, however long it takes bro... Lori was really cool to
me one time, she sent me a new box of hand plane parts for free. that
was alright.

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Posted to rec.woodworking
djs

Thanks for all the info. I called earlier today after I read Joe
Gorman's post and she is sending me a new screw. Very Nice.
djs

screw keeps turning dundonald UK diy 15 October 26th 18 08:18 AM
What is this screw on toilet ballcock? Mikepier Home Repair 12 September 9th 17 09:24 AM
Broken Patio door Lever [email protected] UK diy 3 September 18th 05 04:17 PM
How to screw in a light bulb. Alan Beagley Home Repair 43 November 5th 03 02:59 AM
Veritas Twin Screw Installation Tips? Rkola Woodworking 0 September 6th 03 10:37 PM