Posted to rec.woodworking
Duwayne Cruse

Default Making Wooden Belts

Can anyone help me get started or have info on how a wooden belt is made

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:25:33 -0500, "Duwayne Cruse" wrote:

Can anyone help me get started or have info on how a wooden belt is made

A quick google search turned up 911 hits for me.

Regards,
Roy
Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Can anyone help me get started or have info on how a wooden belt is made

Like... many rectangular pieces, each slightly curved so that the whole belt conforms
to the shape of whatever "body" it will go around... let's say, little holes drilled into
each of the pieces so they can be tied together fancifully with a strong thread or some
form of tight macrame weaving, you know, like if it's for a woman. Of course you'd
be considerate of the wood and how it looks, very selective of grain for visual beauty
and what kind of wood to use. The wood would be as hard as possible such as Lignum
Vitae (hardest on the planet). You could do other things with the wood such as
bleaching it and then creatively tinting it with translucent colors, maybe french
polishing it for a super gloss that is deep. Or using a super tough finish such as
silicone based, like the stuff used on bowling alley lanes, and so forth. You might
consider using fine needle files to carve designs as well. Who knows. I have never
done any of this myself mind you. Just some ideas I though up, and I hope this
helps, good luck.

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article , "Duwayne Cruse"
wrote:

Can anyone help me get started or have info on how a wooden belt is made

Wouldn't that be a bit noisy? My drill press would need 2.

Simple wooden box. jg UK diy 8 June 29th 05 06:32 AM
question on Wooden Hand Planes and construction Steve Woodworking 19 May 8th 05 12:01 AM
Hot Water Heater not making enough hot water -- Ringo Langly Home Repair 20 March 6th 05 03:38 AM
making a wooden slalom waterski Gregory McGuire Woodworking 2 September 19th 04 06:04 AM