Posted to rec.woodworking
pzi pzi is offline

Default where to buy wood on internet?

I would like to go to a web site and order plywood, melamine, etc. and
get it delivered to my garage.
Is there something like that beside Home Depot or Lowes that offer
very limited selection? If so which is the best.
-Peter
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 6, 12:15 pm, pzi wrote:
I would like to go to a web site and order plywood, melamine, etc. and
get it delivered to my garage.
Is there something like that beside Home Depot or Lowes that offer
very limited selection? If so which is the best.

Hasn't the president taught you anything? It's Internets. I hear
they're a series of tubes...

(It might help if you told us where you lived. I found a great place
in New Zealand but I suspect you don't live there)

Posted to rec.woodworking
pzi pzi is offline

On Dec 6, 10:49 am, Jeff wrote:
On Dec 6, 12:15 pm, pzi wrote:

I would like to go to a web site and order plywood, melamine, etc. and
get it delivered to my garage.
Is there something like that beside Home Depot or Lowes that offer
very limited selection? If so which is the best.

Hasn't the president taught you anything? It's Internets. I hear
they're a series of tubes...

(It might help if you told us where you lived. I found a great place
in New Zealand but I suspect you don't live there)

OK - lets start with New Zealand :-). Devner Colorado would also be
useful.
Posted to rec.woodworking

pzi wrote:

I would like to go to a web site and order plywood, melamine, etc. and
get it delivered to my garage.
Is there something like that beside Home Depot or Lowes that offer
very limited selection? If so which is the best.
-Peter

Have you tried your "Yellow Pages"?

http://www.yellowpagecity.com/US/CO/...gory/Plywood+/

You can also try "WoodFinder" at:

http://www.woodfinder.com/

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

pzi wrote:
I would like to go to a web site and order plywood, melamine, etc.
and
get it delivered to my garage.
Is there something like that beside Home Depot or Lowes that offer
very limited selection? If so which is the best.

http://www.boulterplywood.com has a good selection and will ship to
anywhere in the continental US. Not cheap though, and the shipping
adds more.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/ has structural grades in thin sections.

You'll be better off finding a local supplier if you can.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

I've bought sheet stock from Consolidated Hardwoods up in Broomfield.
Pretty good stuff - but not cheap.

I also just found Austin Hardwoods - they have lumber too. Calling them
now.

- jbd

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:15:58 -0800 (PST), pzi wrote:

I would like to go to a web site and order plywood, melamine, etc. and
get it delivered to my garage.
Is there something like that beside Home Depot or Lowes that offer
very limited selection? If so which is the best.
-Peter

Try also ..Paxtons up near commerce city. or Centennial Hardwoods, not
sure of their new location they recentlt moved because of TREX.

Posted to rec.woodworking
pzi pzi is offline

On Dec 6, 2:28 pm, jbd in Denver
wrote:
I've bought sheet stock from Consolidated Hardwoods up in Broomfield.
Pretty good stuff - but not cheap.

I also just found Austin Hardwoods - they have lumber too. Calling them
now.

- jbd

Yes - I found Austin on Mississipi Ave. in Denver and they have quite
nice selection - this is my first choice so far as real store option.
This has major advantage that you can inspect the stock while you pick
it up. With internet orders you get what they ship - end of story.
thanks jbd!

Posted to rec.woodworking
pzi pzi is offline

On Dec 7, 2:17 am, not@chance wrote:
On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:15:58 -0800 (PST), pzi wrote:
I would like to go to a web site and order plywood, melamine, etc. and
get it delivered to my garage.
Is there something like that beside Home Depot or Lowes that offer
very limited selection? If so which is the best.
-Peter

Try also ..Paxtons up near commerce city. or Centennial Hardwoods, not
sure of their new location they recentlt moved because of TREX.

Very good - called Paxton up and got much better price for melamine
panels then at Austin,
I think I found my supplier. Thanks not@chance!!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Yes - I found Austin on Mississipi Ave. in Denver and they have quite
nice selection - this is my first choice so far as real store option.
This has major advantage that you can inspect the stock while you pick
it up. With internet orders you get what they ship - end of story.
thanks jbd!

Agreed -

I live in South Denver, so Austin will probably be my first choice for
sheet goods.

I'll continue to order rough lumber from Steve Wall. Yes, I do miss
going to my old country mill in Indiana (Wilmont Hardwoods?) and picking
through the piles (and paying $3.25 for nice cherry...). But that's the
price for trying to make sawdust in Denver.

Steve Wall ships cheaper than you can buy in Denver - and the quality of
what he ships out is very, very nice stuff. I've got some 5/4 walnut
coming UPS for my dining room table project - and another 100 up in the
rafters of the garage.

Good luck -

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 10:59:22 -0800 (PST), pzi wrote:

On Dec 7, 2:17 am, not@chance wrote:
On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:15:58 -0800 (PST), pzi wrote:
I would like to go to a web site and order plywood, melamine, etc. and
get it delivered to my garage.
Is there something like that beside Home Depot or Lowes that offer
very limited selection? If so which is the best.
-Peter

Try also ..Paxtons up near commerce city. or Centennial Hardwoods, not
sure of their new location they recentlt moved because of TREX.

Very good - called Paxton up and got much better price for melamine
panels then at Austin,
I think I found my supplier. Thanks not@chance!!

Paxton's is one of the major area wholesale supliers, Rockler,
Woodcraft, etc... I suspect Austin and Centenial also buy from them. I
know many of the local cabinet shops w/o rail access also deal with
them. Good for us weekenders that they also have a retail store with a
nice selection of sheet goods and hardwoods, priced by the board foot,
buy what you "need". Heres their URL
http://www.paxtonwood.com/woodcrafter.html
Now only if there were a paxtons or some such on on the south side of
town...oh well
JDH (AKA not@chance)

own the internet zeon UK diy 0 August 20th 07 07:23 PM
Internet TV Stenli Home Repair 1 March 9th 07 09:13 PM
What Internet Spa Retailers Don't Tell You Your Local Pool Guy Home Ownership 0 December 15th 06 04:58 PM
The Internet is Great.... Winfield Hill Electronics Repair 6 November 26th 05 07:30 PM
Internet Gigi Home Ownership 0 August 20th 05 12:02 AM