Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Modular Wood Working Bench

Hi I am 16 and I just invested in 2 thousand dollars worth of wood
working machines and tools. I'm in need of plans for a Modular or wood
working bench that is practical and sterdy. I like that challenge, I'm
16 not a lazy bum. Thanks, I want to begin a new life of
accomplishments.

Posted to rec.woodworking
MrPeterPham

But I'm not sure if I will follow the plans, I feel more into drawing
my own but to use the plans as reference. As a kid I would always watch
the New Yankee workshop and I still remember tall the joints and
structurals cuts and binds. I would also accept any tips and or tricks
that a experience woodworker has that I lack. Thank you ahead of time.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi I am 16 and I just invested in 2 thousand dollars worth of wood
working machines and tools. I'm in need of plans for a Modular or wood
working bench that is practical and sterdy. I like that challenge, I'm
16 not a lazy bum. Thanks, I want to begin a new life of
accomplishments.

You might give some more details.

What kind of work do you plan to do on the bench?

How much money do you have to spend on it?

What do you mean by "modular"?

Do you want a marvel of craftmanship or will quick and dirty get the job
done?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gordon Airporte

Bear in mind that once you've gained a certain amount of experience
you'll look at this bench and see many places where it could be
improved: dimensions tweaked (probably height), vise style or placement
changed, more customized for the kind of work you've come to do, or
where you just don't like the craftsmanship. In short, you probably
shouldn't go too nuts just now. That being said, here's a whole page
full of useful links:
http://www.geocities.com/plybench/bench.html