DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wooden Train Rail Jigs (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/129408-wooden-train-rail-jigs.html)

Jason Brooks November 15th 05 12:38 AM

Wooden Train Rail Jigs

Greetings,
I have been off and on, been looking for what I recall to be a kit for
a router, bit and probably fence, to cut train tracks for the Thomas the
Tank-style trains. As of yet, I haven't been able to find them.
Additionally, I don't know that they are even an option anymore, given
what I've seen to be the connector between track segments.

If anyone has any tips, links, info, I would be extremely appreciative.

Thanks,
jason

Howard November 15th 05 01:36 AM

Wooden Train Rail Jigs

Hope this helps. I've ordered from them and been satisfied but I have
NOT ordered this item.

http://pricecutter.com/product.asp?pn=P19-3202

Lee Gordon November 15th 05 01:49 AM

Wooden Train Rail Jigs

I have been off and on, been looking for what I recall to be a kit for
a router, bit and probably fence, to cut train tracks for the Thomas the
Tank-style trains. As of yet, I haven't been able to find them.
Additionally, I don't know that they are even an option anymore, given
what I've seen to be the connector between track segments.

This is what you are looking for:
http://eagleamerica.com/product.asp?...cd2=1132019198

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

stoutman November 15th 05 03:07 AM

Wooden Train Rail Jigs

Yet another:

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...s/bt_bull.html

stoutman November 15th 05 03:49 AM

Wooden Train Rail Jigs

One more thing, You might appreciate the train table I built for my 3-year
old to hold his Thomas the Train set:

http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmelissa/Traintable.htm

Jason Brooks November 15th 05 06:15 PM

Wooden Train Rail Jigs

Thanks all for you replies. And stoutman, the table is lovely. I've
been chewing on trying my hand at one later. Good pics for planning.

Jason

Dave Balderstone November 15th 05 10:40 PM

Wooden Train Rail Jigs

In article , Jason Brooks
wrote:

I have been off and on, been looking for what I recall to be a kit for
a router, bit and probably fence, to cut train tracks for the Thomas the
Tank-style trains. As of yet, I haven't been able to find them.
Additionally, I don't know that they are even an option anymore, given
what I've seen to be the connector between track segments.

If anyone has any tips, links, info, I would be extremely appreciative.

http://www.bscandm.com/trains/

The site has links to router bits, parts, etc.

--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green

stoutman November 15th 05 11:00 PM

Wooden Train Rail Jigs

"Jason Brooks" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks all for you replies. And stoutman, the table is lovely.

Thank you!

I am considering buying the train track router bits also. Shouldn't be to
hard to make your own track.