Blast Gates

Old September 22nd 05, 12:47 AM
Jim Pierce

Default Blast Gates

The other day I found a post about dust collectors, and in one of the
power surge turned off my computer while I was out, and I lost the
page.........and can't find the post again. I've gone back through every
post for the past month. No luck A text search of the entire group here
didn't find it, either. I've very interested in this page, as I'm setting up
an Oneida 2 hp cyclone dust collector for my shop. I don't know what date it
was posted, or who posted it. Does anyone remember this? Even a Google
search didn't find the web site. Help please!
Jim

Old September 22nd 05, 02:30 AM
L. Wilson

Jim Pierce wrote:
The other day I found a post about dust collectors, and in one of the
power surge turned off my computer while I was out, and I lost the
page.........and can't find the post again. I've gone back through every
post for the past month. No luck A text search of the entire group here
didn't find it, either. I've very interested in this page, as I'm setting up
an Oneida 2 hp cyclone dust collector for my shop. I don't know what date it
was posted, or who posted it. Does anyone remember this? Even a Google
search didn't find the web site. Help please!
Jim

Jim,
Try this site.
http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm

I built some gates similar to these and they work fine. Mine are 1/4
ply with 6" starter flanges for HVAC that my 6" duct connects to.

WoodWizzard
woodwizzard at comcast . net
Old September 22nd 05, 04:32 AM
David Merrill

Here's a couple of sites:

http://mgsweb.com/woodworking/buildit/bgate/bgate.htm
http://benchmark.20m.com/articles/Bl...ebuilding.html

Check out the 1/8 inch thick, white marker board "handy panels" at Home
Depot.

David Merrill

Old September 22nd 05, 10:59 PM
Jim Pierce

Thank you all very much. None of these is the site I saw, but they sure do
help! I'm sure I can work from these ideas. Thanks again.
Jim