Tom

Default Phone Booth Plans

Hello to all and a happy Monday.

I just got off the phone with a client who asked for me to build a couple of
full sized walk in phone booths complete with doors.

Any body know where I can find a set of plans? I could design these myself
on CAD but it would be nice to have a point of departure.

TIA

Tom in Oregon

www.resourcecreation.biz

jo4hn

Tom wrote:

Hello to all and a happy Monday.

I just got off the phone with a client who asked for me to build a couple of
full sized walk in phone booths complete with doors.

Any body know where I can find a set of plans? I could design these myself
on CAD but it would be nice to have a point of departure.

TIA

Tom in Oregon

www.resourcecreation.biz

You should be able to DAGS for a London telephone kiosk/booth (any Brits
out there that could help with the proper terminology?). Alternately go
to the Daily Planet/Kent page for advice.
mahalo,
jo4hn

woodarama

Tom wrote:
Hello to all and a happy Monday.

I just got off the phone with a client who asked for me to build a couple of
full sized walk in phone booths complete with doors.

Any body know where I can find a set of plans? I could design these myself
on CAD but it would be nice to have a point of departure.

TIA

Tom in Oregon

www.resourcecreation.biz

try this site for ideas http://www.atelebooth.com/index.htm

John T

Sounds like the phone booth might need to be of a style popular in the
30's, usually in hotel lobbies or the like? I've seen some of those in
classi movies. Light comes on when the door closes, barely enough room
to stand up.

John

Randal

CW wrote:

A Doctor Who wannabe?

"Tom" wrote in message
Hello to all and a happy Monday.

I just got off the phone with a client who asked for me to build a couple

of
full sized walk in phone booths complete with doors.

Any body know where I can find a set of plans? I could design these

myself
on CAD but it would be nice to have a point of departure.

TIA

Tom in Oregon

www.resourcecreation.biz

exactly what I was thinking, but that would be a police booth.
Tom

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

These are for a substance abuse recovery facility for cell phone privacy.

I have gotten some good ideas from the I-net and will just forge ahead and
draw up my own plans from the customers criteria.

Tom in Oregon

John T wrote:
Sounds like the phone booth might need to be of a style popular in the
30's, usually in hotel lobbies or the like? I've seen some of those in
classi movies. Light comes on when the door closes, barely enough room
to stand up.

1930's????

I called from a booth like that in a Drug Store in the early
1970's. That building is no longer standing but I think you can
see one like it (a phone booth like it, not a building like it)
in in the 1977 movie _Telefon_ with Donald Pleasence and
Charles Bronson.

Up through the late 1970s outdoor stand alone aluminum and
glass phone booths were commonplace, they've been mostly
phased out since, though the still show up in movies and
TV shows when the modern open 'booths' are inadequate to
advance the plot....

I assume OP's customer had some description of the type of booth,
indoor or outdoor at least.

--

FF

Tom wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

These are for a substance abuse recovery facility for cell phone privacy.

Aha! You should check out the 'closet of silence' used by agent
86 and the Chief when the cone of silence was being serviced...

--

FF

Telephone Jack Charlie S. Home Repair 22 July 12th 05 04:13 AM
Enjoy high quality long distance Internet Phone calls at incredible rates John Electronics Repair 0 May 18th 05 01:36 PM
SELL this FBI NOC LIST and MAKE MILLIONS like TOM CRUISE did in MISSION IMPOSSIBLE Keith Woodworking 0 October 25th 04 02:45 PM
shorted out phone line re barry martin Home Repair 1 June 17th 04 03:50 PM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 04:57 AM