DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bracht chisels (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/115741-bracht-chisels.html)

gregj August 3rd 05 04:44 PM

Bracht chisels

Has anyone heard of Bracht chisels (or any other Brach tools)? As far
as I can tell the company no longer exists, was German. The chisels I
have are marked "Wolfram Vanadium Caranite". "Wo-Va" is stamped on the
blade. When I do a search on the company all I come up with is German
language sites and those are museums.

[email protected] August 3rd 05 05:38 PM

I bought a set of Bracht motise chisels at an auction for $6.00 each.
Thay seem to be decent chisels, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy
more...at the right price, of course.

George August 3rd 05 06:51 PM

"gregj" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone heard of Bracht chisels (or any other Brach tools)? As far
as I can tell the company no longer exists, was German. The chisels I
have are marked "Wolfram Vanadium Caranite". "Wo-Va" is stamped on the
blade. When I do a search on the company all I come up with is German
language sites and those are museums.

Sold by Leichtung years ago. Never had a problem with mine. Also have a
small set of carving tools which are carbon steel, but just as serviceable.