HMFIC-1369

Default Gluing mirror to concrete outdoors

just remembered to use glue DESIGNED for glueing mirrors...
"Don Mosley" wrote in message

Which glue would be best for this outdoors?
Plenty will stick it but I'm worried on cheap mirror it will eat the

silvering
off the back.
This is mirror tile on cinder block then I'm putting old wood window

frames on
top. Spruce the wall up a bit. With trees in front it looks pretty cool.

Don

Andy Dingley

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 20:52:37 -0700, Don Mosley wrote:

Which glue would be best for this outdoors?

Brackets.

Plenty will stick it but I'm worried on cheap mirror it will eat the silvering
off the back.

Use bathroom grade mirror (extra plastic coating on the back over the
silvering) or else some proper acrylic "mirror glue". Most silicones
release acid on curing and will etch silvering.

This is mirror tile on cinder block then I'm putting old wood window frames on
top.

Put the mirror in the frame, then put the frame onto the concrete.
BiffNightly

As an old picture framer I have to ask.......Why not build the frames first,
then glue the mirror to the frame.

Just a thought. then the glue won't come into contact with the silvering.
Doug
"Don Mosley" wrote in message

Which glue would be best for this outdoors?
Plenty will stick it but I'm worried on cheap mirror it will eat the
silvering
off the back.
This is mirror tile on cinder block then I'm putting old wood window
frames on
top. Spruce the wall up a bit. With trees in front it looks pretty cool.

Don

How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Repairing concrete floor in shop Todd Fatheree Woodworking 10 June 3rd 04 08:18 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM