Default Tip for 6" Jet Jointer Shoppers in Southern Cal.

The Jet closed stand 6" jointer is selling for $599 just about
everywhere. Jet's $100 rebate (requiring an extra major tool purchase)
is no longer offered. Sure, you can get it for $599 minus $25 rebate
with free shipping from Amazon. That's a net of $575 with a single set
of $60-$70 knives. But if you live in So. Cal. there might be a better
option...

Ken's Tools in Riverside is a very traditional tool supply house that
has been forced to relocate due to freeway expansion/construction.
They sell a lot of Jet equipment. I am not affilliated with them
except as a very recent customer. I went to their interim warehouse
recently. I saw they were selling a Jet "GOLD SERIES" 6" Jointer
(Closed Stand) for about $512 plus tax. After some discussion, they
agreed to sell it for approximately $503 plus tax. This jointer is
selling for $599 just about everywhere.

Why is this a good deal? If you live in So. Cal., you will get the
jointer for about $500 retail ($542 after taxes), but will also get TWO
EXTRA SETS OF KNIVES! (That is what makes it a "GOLD SERIES". The
extra knife sets. The Gold Series is no longer available, unless you
find a dealer with older stock on hand like Ken's!) Jet sells the
extra knives for about $60 to $70 a set. So, assuming 2 extra sets of
blades at Jet's $60+ per set price means that Ken's Tools jointer will
cost you about $542, while the Amazon version will cost you about $694,
assuming $60 per set of knives. That's $152 more for the Amazon
version.... Sounds like a good deal to me...

When I first went into Ken's, they had two Gold Series 6" Jet jointers
on the shelf. I bought one of them. That leaves one 6" Gold Series
Jointer still on the shelf at a very good price. So. Cal shoppers
might want to check it out. They are moving to their new location in a
month and would prefer not to move the heavy stuff again.

Ken's Tools: (951 )686-2542