Lawrence L'Hote

Default [OT] A Big Fish Story(a.k.a. gloat)

took a little time off my usual to deplete the state of Alaska of its excess
fish population . Our group of 3 sent back 95 lbs of fillets. However,
following are the requisite woodworking related pictures.
My son taking a little break on an unusual sofa
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaska1.jpg
anyone can mount this fish but the artist won't let ya
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskatwo.jpg
did good limiting out with sockeye(reds) that's me on the left in the jeans
next to my 4 fish(limit was three)
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskathree.jpg
again, that's me on the left next to my 3 halibut. the big guy in the
middle was 72 lbs(pretty common...record is over 400)...halibut fishing will
poooop you out!
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskafour.jpg

Larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com

The Alaskan

In article 2Alse.69119$nG6.35664@attbi_s22, Lawrence L'Hote
wrote:

took a little time off my usual to deplete the state of Alaska of its excess
fish population . Our group of 3 sent back 95 lbs of fillets. However,
following are the requisite woodworking related pictures.
My son taking a little break on an unusual sofa
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaska1.jpg
anyone can mount this fish but the artist won't let ya
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskatwo.jpg
did good limiting out with sockeye(reds) that's me on the left in the jeans
next to my 4 fish(limit was three)
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskathree.jpg
again, that's me on the left next to my 3 halibut. the big guy in the
middle was 72 lbs(pretty common...record is over 400)...halibut fishing will
poooop you out!
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskafour.jpg

Larry

Since I spent 14 of the happiest years of my life in Alaska, I am one
of the few who knows just how much you such.

Great pics, great woodworking and Great State.

RonMan
Swingman

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message

again, that's me on the left next to my 3 halibut. the big guy in the
middle was 72 lbs(pretty common...record is over 400)...halibut fishing

will
poooop you out!
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskafour.jpg

Larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com

You live in one of the prettiest little towns in the country and you catch
fish in Alaska ... you suck big time, brother. When's supper?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05

Lawrence L'Hote

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in message

again, that's me on the left next to my 3 halibut. the big guy in the
middle was 72 lbs(pretty common...record is over 400)...halibut fishing

will
poooop you out!
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskafour.jpg

Larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com

You live in one of the prettiest little towns in the country and you catch
fish in Alaska ... you suck big time, brother. When's supper?

....My son, his father-in-law(a good personal friend) and myself took the
trip as a birthday present for my son. My sons wife hates fish and I didn't
want to fool with them so his FIL got a freezer full of fish. He plans on
giving most of it away. However, I do have over 300 good picture I could
share...bears, moose, eagles, mountains, glaciers, water etc and
on-and-on....fish too....

Robatoy

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote:

took a little time off my usual to deplete the state of Alaska of its excess
fish population . Our group of 3 sent back 95 lbs of fillets. However,
following are the requisite woodworking related pictures.
My son taking a little break on an unusual sofa
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaska1.jpg
anyone can mount this fish but the artist won't let ya
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskatwo.jpg
did good limiting out with sockeye(reds) that's me on the left in the jeans
next to my 4 fish(limit was three)
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskathree.jpg
again, that's me on the left next to my 3 halibut. the big guy in the
middle was 72 lbs(pretty common...record is over 400)...halibut fishing will
poooop you out!
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Alaskafour.jpg

Larry

I completely agree with Swingman...you suck!

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

I'm off to the Maritimes for a couple of weeks at the end of July.
Cottage on the Bay of Fundy, my wife's three brothers are fisherman
nearby (Professional/commercial fishermen). Maybe I can go out with them
for a cpl of days and handle the bait (semi-decomposed herring..with a
little luck it will be choppy too, oh yay, turning green..LOL)

I'll be posting a few pics when I get back..*G*

Bill D

Good one Lawrence. Its winter here - makes me yearn for summer.

Cheers
Bill D
New Zealand

mrcomp_ca

Welcome to the Maritmes Robatoy. The weather has really sucked this
year, but it should be nice by end of July.

Lawrence...you really suck. I'd love to get to Alaska to fish.

Robatoy

In article . com,
"mrcomp_ca" wrote:

Welcome to the Maritmes Robatoy. The weather has really sucked this
year, but it should be nice by end of July.

I have had tremendous luck with the weather in Nova Scotia over the last
6 summers. (Except one day last year when a buddy of mine got married in
his backyard.. it rained. Being a HOG wedding, we made do with a few
kegs.
If it rains this trip, no biggie. It's a short hop to The Lower
Deck...*G*
Jason Quick

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote:

...My son, his father-in-law(a good personal friend) and myself took the
trip as a birthday present for my son. My sons wife hates fish and I
didn't want to fool with them so his FIL got a freezer full of fish. He
plans on giving most of it away.

Hm. Suppose he'd mail some, say in a styrofoam cooler w/ ice packs...?

Jason (not kidding at all)

mrcomp_ca

Sociable!!!!

Robatoy

In article .com,
"mrcomp_ca" wrote:

Sociable!!!!

Oh yes... toss a c-note on the bar...stand back..and watch...

Ring that bell!