John DeBoo

Default 2x4 from hell!

Bought a bunch of "Premium" 8' 2x4's to build a small storage shed next
to my shop. I cut the last piece to attach to the ends of the rafters
and I swear to God it was possessed! No problem cutting it at all but
when I went to nail it, I bent 3 16d nails trying to get through the
damned thing. I couldn't get the bent ones out with my framing hammer
so I cut them off with a sawz-all. I ended up drilling holes so I could
drive the freaking things through and into the ends of the rafters. I
was about to take it to the church up the block and have it exorcized!

Grandpa John

a knotty problem indeed!
George

"John DeBoo" wrote in message
Bought a bunch of "Premium" 8' 2x4's to build a small storage shed next
to my shop. I cut the last piece to attach to the ends of the rafters
and I swear to God it was possessed! No problem cutting it at all but
when I went to nail it, I bent 3 16d nails trying to get through the
damned thing. I couldn't get the bent ones out with my framing hammer
so I cut them off with a sawz-all. I ended up drilling holes so I could
drive the freaking things through and into the ends of the rafters. I
was about to take it to the church up the block and have it exorcized!

Guess you got a dry one for a change, eh?

dean

Now that made me laugh!

mac davis

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:20:21 -0600, John DeBoo wrote:

Bought a bunch of "Premium" 8' 2x4's to build a small storage shed next
to my shop. I cut the last piece to attach to the ends of the rafters
and I swear to God it was possessed! No problem cutting it at all but
when I went to nail it, I bent 3 16d nails trying to get through the
damned thing. I couldn't get the bent ones out with my framing hammer
so I cut them off with a sawz-all. I ended up drilling holes so I could
drive the freaking things through and into the ends of the rafters. I
was about to take it to the church up the block and have it exorcized!

Grandpa John

you mean that you actually found one out of the batch that was real wood??
amazing!!
It's funny how the problem one is always the last board, isn't it?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Vic Baron

wrote:

Bought a bunch of "Premium" 8' 2x4's to build a small storage shed next
to my shop. I cut the last piece to attach to the ends of the rafters
and I swear to God it was possessed! No problem cutting it at all but
when I went to nail it, I bent 3 16d nails trying to get through the
damned thing. I couldn't get the bent ones out with my framing hammer
so I cut them off with a sawz-all. I ended up drilling holes so I could
drive the freaking things through and into the ends of the rafters. I
was about to take it to the church up the block and have it exorcized!

Grandpa John

you mean that you actually found one out of the batch that was real wood??
amazing!!
It's funny how the problem one is always the last board, isn't it?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

AND the last screw you're removing/inserting

AND the last nut

must be Murphy's Last Law.

foggytown

John DeBoo wrote:
Bought a bunch of "Premium" 8' 2x4's to build a small storage shed next
to my shop. I cut the last piece to attach to the ends of the rafters
and I swear to God it was possessed! No problem cutting it at all but
when I went to nail it, I bent 3 16d nails trying to get through the
damned thing. I couldn't get the bent ones out with my framing hammer
so I cut them off with a sawz-all. I ended up drilling holes so I could
drive the freaking things through and into the ends of the rafters. I
was about to take it to the church up the block and have it exorcized!

Grandpa John

Somebody has a great sense of humor. Throw one length of lignum vitae
into the pile just to drive you nuts.

FoggyTown

How much does one tip removal men? MM UK diy 27 November 30th 04 06:38 PM
OT Boyles Law Pete Metalworking 5 November 23rd 04 03:42 PM
A Go To Hell Router Table Unisaw A100 Woodworking 7 August 3rd 04 02:07 AM
Radial arm saw repair hell (long) David F. Eisan Woodworking 8 March 25th 04 02:09 AM
'kin ell it's hot Dave Baker UK diy 34 August 10th 03 10:54 PM