DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DesignCad vs. Turbocad (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/106832-designcad-vs-turbocad.html)

BillyBob May 20th 05 10:06 PM

DesignCad vs. Turbocad

Has anyone used both programs enough to give any opinions. I own Designcad
and I'm pretty happy with it, but I would like to have Associative
dimensioning - the capability that dimensions automatically re-adjust when
you resize an object. Turbocad has this capability but its a bit
overwhelming to learn. The sales people say its more of a professional
grade program and I will have a much steeper learning curve. I'm willing to
go through that if it will result in the same capabilities of DesignCad with
associative dimensioning. I really, really like the 3D modeling capability
in Designcad and assume that Turbocad can so just as well.

Bob

CW May 20th 05 11:52 PM

I have not used Designcad but have looked at it. I have been using Turbocad
Pro since version 6 (now on 11). There is no comparison as I see it.
Turbocad is the clear winner in features and capability (as it should be
considering the $800.00 price difference).

k.net...

Lobby Dosser May 21st 05 12:59 AM

"BillyBob" wrote:

Has anyone used both programs enough to give any opinions. I own
Designcad and I'm pretty happy with it, but I would like to have
Associative dimensioning - the capability that dimensions
automatically re-adjust when you resize an object. Turbocad has this
capability but its a bit overwhelming to learn. The sales people say
its more of a professional grade program and I will have a much
steeper learning curve. I'm willing to go through that if it will
result in the same capabilities of DesignCad with associative
dimensioning. I really, really like the 3D modeling capability in
Designcad and assume that Turbocad can so just as well.

Bob

They offer a Free Trial Download.

Lobby Dosser May 21st 05 01:05 AM

"CW" wrote:

I have not used Designcad but have looked at it. I have been using
Turbocad Pro since version 6 (now on 11). There is no comparison as I
see it. Turbocad is the clear winner in features and capability (as it
should be considering the $800.00 price difference).

Associative dimensioning is in the 'Deluxe' version 11 for $130.00. The
$800 version is the 'Professional'.

k.net...