Cabinetmaker's Workbench (20)

Old April 2nd 05, 06:39 PM
Adam O

Default Cabinetmaker's Workbench (20)

Anybody interested in these?

I have 20 Lee Valley type cabinetmaker's workbenches for sale.
I bought them with the intentions of starting wood working classes but
plans fell through.

The tables come with two vises, pegs, and assembly instructions.
The only difference is that under the table top is closed in with
three drawers and a cabinet door.
The similar Lee Valley model (without drawers or cabinet door) sells
for $599 + tax, will sell this for $275 firm, but will consider
package deal price.

Rough dimensions a

34" high
19" deep
60" long

Email adamo_connor (at) hotmail.com for additional information or
pictures

(Located 1/2 hr southwest of Ottawa)
Old April 2nd 05, 07:11 PM
[email protected]

I would be interested in the benches....perhaps a complete package deal
on all of them...can you send me a picture or a part number so I know
excatly what they are.

thanks,
Mike

www.americansycamoreretreat.com
1-765-795-4044

Old April 2nd 05, 08:00 PM
Charlie Self

Mike asks:
would be interested in the benches....perhaps a complete package

deal
on all of them...can you send me a picture or a part number so I know
excatly what they are.

Mike, I'd guess (strongly) they are the Sjoberg benches listed on the
LV web site. Sjoberg cabinetmaker's bench.

I had one for a couple years. It's a well made workbench, a tad small
for every day use, but sturdy. My only justifiable complaint (I knew
the blinking size when I bought it) was the lack of heft. Hand planing
is difficult unless you fasten the bench to the floor. The Lee Valley
version looks about 3/4 step up from the WSC model I had. Better
holddowns and dogs.

Old April 2nd 05, 08:40 PM
Gunthar

In article . com,
"Charlie Self" wrote:

Hand planing
is difficult unless you fasten the bench to the floor.

Wouldn't it be easier to sharpen the plane?

*G, D & R*
Old April 2nd 05, 10:03 PM
[email protected]

thanks Charlie!!!!

Old April 3rd 05, 04:25 AM
Vijay Kumar

Adam O wrote:
Anybody interested in these?

I have 20 Lee Valley type cabinetmaker's workbenches for sale.
I bought them with the intentions of starting wood working classes but
plans fell through.

The tables come with two vises, pegs, and assembly instructions.
The only difference is that under the table top is closed in with
three drawers and a cabinet door.
The similar Lee Valley model (without drawers or cabinet door) sells
for $599 + tax, will sell this for $275 firm, but will consider
package deal price.

Rough dimensions a

34" high
19" deep
60" long

Email adamo_connor (at) hotmail.com for additional information or
pictures

(Located 1/2 hr southwest of Ottawa)

I would be interested, but it would probably cost too much to ship to
California. Do you have the Lee Valley link?

Remove the not in my email address to respond.
Old April 5th 05, 03:54 PM
Adam O

I believe that the workbenches are made of maple. I don't have a
website so I can't post any pictures but I would be glad to send them
to anyone that sends me an email.

For clarification, they are not the Lee Valley bench, the only
difference that I can find is that the empty space under the table is
filled with drawers and a cabinet door as seen in the pictures.

Regards,
Adam

TomH wrote in message . ..
On 2 Apr 2005 08:39:28 -0800, (Adam O)
wrote:

I have 20 Lee Valley type cabinetmaker's workbenches for sale.
I bought them with the intentions of starting wood working classes but
plans fell through.

So they are not the actual Lee Valley bench?

The tables come with two vises, pegs, and assembly instructions.
The only difference is that under the table top is closed in with
three drawers and a cabinet door.
The similar Lee Valley model (without drawers or cabinet door) sells
for $599 + tax, will sell this for $275 firm, but will consider
package deal price.

Rough dimensions a

34" high
19" deep
60" long

Material?

Email adamo_connor (at) hotmail.com for additional information or
pictures

(Located 1/2 hr southwest of Ottawa)

Please post/mail pictures.

Thanks