Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Sign - 1 attachment

Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much woodworking
content but I had lots of postive comments. Very hard to
photograph...

Larry

Attached Thumbnails
Sign - 1 attachment-sign-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/16/2014 7:04 PM, Larry wrote:

Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much woodworking
content but I had lots of postive comments. Very hard to
photograph...

Larry

PUUURRFFEECCTTT!

OK, where do I get one!!

a gun totin', pro 2nd Amendment, "constitutional carry" Conservative,
and vote that way

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Larry" wrote in message ...

Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much woodworking
content but I had lots of postive comments. Very hard to
photograph...

My God... I hope it's registered! With Bloomy dumping $50 million into such
an effort it surely will be regulated. ;~)

John

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/16/2014 7:04 PM, Larry wrote:
Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much woodworking
content but I had lots of postive comments. Very hard to
photograph...

Larry

That looks great. I wonder if you can get it to reflect a metallic color?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

John Grossbohlin wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message ...

Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much woodworking
content but I had lots of postive comments. Very hard to
photograph...

My God... I hope it's registered! With Bloomy dumping $50 million
into such an effort it surely will be regulated. ;~)

You stole my line. I was just about the post the same kind of reply, but
using Andy's name instead of Bloom's...

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Larry" wrote in message ...

Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much woodworking
content but I had lots of postive comments. Very hard to
photograph...

My God... I hope it's registered! With Bloomy dumping $50 million into
such an effort it surely will be regulated. ;~)

And don't even think about trying to take it on a plane!

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/17/2014 10:07 AM, Kevin Miller wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message ...

Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much woodworking
content but I had lots of postive comments. Very hard to
photograph...

My God... I hope it's registered! With Bloomy dumping $50 million into
such an effort it surely will be regulated. ;~)

And don't even think about trying to take it on a plane!

Or let your kid take it to school for Show & Tell.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Larry" wrote in message ...

Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much woodworking
content but I had lots of postive comments. Very hard to
photograph...

My God... I hope it's registered! With Bloomy dumping $50 million into
such an effort it surely will be regulated. ;~)

And don't even think about trying to take it on a plane!

Or let your kid take it to school for Show & Tell.

OM fark'n G!! I can just see the panic in any "Gun/Thought Free Zone".

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Larry wrote:
Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much
woodworking
content but I had lots of postive comments. Very hard to
photograph...

Larry

Ya takin any orders?
I forwarded your pic to a couple of buddies and they all
want to know where they can get one

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much
woodworking content but I had lots of postive comments.
Very hard to photograph...

Larry

Ya takin any orders?
I forwarded your pic to a couple of buddies and they all
want to know where they can get one

I would love to but I'd have to charge more than what I believe
people would pay, else I'd be working for less than a kid
building shoes in Bangladesh.

If you and Swingman are really serious, and not in a huge hurry,
we could probably work something out. I think you're local to me
if I remember right.

There are a couple of other pictures of some stuff I've been
working on posted at http://www.roanokewx.com/cnc.htm and
contact info on my home page.

Larry

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much
woodworking content but I had lots of postive comments.
Very hard to photograph...

Larry

Ya takin any orders?
I forwarded your pic to a couple of buddies and they all
want to know where they can get one

I would love to but I'd have to charge more than what I believe
people would pay, else I'd be working for less than a kid
building shoes in Bangladesh.

If you and Swingman are really serious, and not in a huge hurry,
we could probably work something out. I think you're local to me
if I remember right.

There are a couple of other pictures of some stuff I've been
working on posted at http://www.roanokewx.com/cnc.htm and
contact info on my home page.

Larry

shoot me a numberpardon the pun and I'll let them know.
Ya might be surprised, plus the more ya make, the cheaper they getg
Are you in Roanoke? I'm N Dallas/ Plano.
Couple buddies here, one in Georgetown.
One buddy here wants one for his wife

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
[...]

Yea... I don't think I'm going to put my # on Usenet. On my
homepage is a link to email me. Let's start off that way then
we can talk.

Larry
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Larry wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much
woodworking content but I had lots of postive comments.
Very hard to photograph...

Nice looking piece of work. How about some pics of your homemade router
setup?

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

ChairMan wrote:

shoot me a numberpardon the pun and I'll let them know.
Ya might be surprised, plus the more ya make, the cheaper they getg
Are you in Roanoke? I'm N Dallas/ Plano.

Geeze - I wish I had known that. I was just in Allen TX a couple of weeks
ago and looking for something to do to kill an evening. Would have loved to
have gotten together.

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much
woodworking content but I had lots of postive comments.
Very hard to photograph...

Nice looking piece of work. How about some pics of your
homemade router setup?

I was thinking about documenting the build and putting it up as
a how-not-to-do things but time is the problem. It's not one of
my best pieces of work.

Looking from a different perspective though, it was
engineered/built from the ground up by me, an enormous feat.
Even with all warts it's still pretty amazing. Learned a lot
along the way but I think ultimately I'm going to buy one.
Something I can use and actually produce with instead of working
on fine tuning.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
[...]

No.....I don't want ya to post anything personal, just a price.
Depending on the cost, my buddy who wants it for his wife would need/like it
by july 24th, for his wifes birthday.
Just throw a ballpark out there, i think they would be highly marketable.
The reply from my buddy in Georgetown was "Outstanding sign!!--never seen
anything like it.....Is this made with a commercial process
or just good old American creativity? " And he knows a bunch of guys in his
T-Bird club and so on and so on

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In ,
Mike Marlow belched:
ChairMan wrote:

shoot me a numberpardon the pun and I'll let them know.
Ya might be surprised, plus the more ya make, the cheaper they getg
Are you in Roanoke? I'm N Dallas/ Plano.

Geeze - I wish I had known that. I was just in Allen TX a couple of
weeks ago and looking for something to do to kill an evening. Would
have loved to have gotten together.

Ya ever make it back, let me know

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Larry wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
Recently made sign using acrylic and LED's. Not much
woodworking content but I had lots of postive comments.
Very hard to photograph...

Nice looking piece of work. How about some pics of your
homemade router setup?

I was thinking about documenting the build and putting it up as
a how-not-to-do things but time is the problem. It's not one of
my best pieces of work.

Looking from a different perspective though, it was
engineered/built from the ground up by me, an enormous feat.
Even with all warts it's still pretty amazing. Learned a lot
along the way but I think ultimately I'm going to buy one.
Something I can use and actually produce with instead of working
on fine tuning.

I understand that but we are all our own worst critics. I liked the piece
of work.

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/17/2014 9:44 PM, ChairMan wrote:

No.....I don't want ya to post anything personal, just a price.
Depending on the cost, my buddy who wants it for his wife would need/like it
by july 24th, for his wifes birthday.
Just throw a ballpark out there, i think they would be highly marketable.
The reply from my buddy in Georgetown was "Outstanding sign!!--never seen
anything like it.....Is this made with a commercial process
or just good old American creativity? " And he knows a bunch of guys in his
T-Bird club and so on and so on

Bet that folks on gun forums, like the below, would jump all over it:

http://forums.1911forum.com/index.ph...2c3b3a8546ec03

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
[...]

Sorry, I misunderstood "shoot me a number"...

I think I need to start around $75 to make minimum wage. That
said if I'm going to make any money at this, anything custom
can and will vary dramatically, the artwork is very time
consuming.

If you're interested in something for yourself, and are
willing to build the stand, we can make a deal for a lot less.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote in
:

On 4/17/2014 9:44 PM, ChairMan wrote:

No.....I don't want ya to post anything personal, just a
price. Depending on the cost, my buddy who wants it for
his wife would need/like it by july 24th, for his wifes
birthday. Just throw a ballpark out there, i think they
would be highly marketable. The reply from my buddy in
Georgetown was "Outstanding sign!!--never seen anything
like it.....Is this made with a commercial process or just
good old American creativity? " And he knows a bunch of
guys in his T-Bird club and so on and so on

Bet that folks on gun forums, like the below, would jump
all over it:

http://forums.1911forum.com/index.ph...fce79f3c20af2c
3b3a8546ec03

In my experience advertising on forums is generally frowned
upon. Especially a new guy joining and the first post is selling
something. I've got a couple of places that pictures are
floating around and getting good feedback from most everyone.
Just don't know if I can make enough money at it to make it
worthwhile.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/18/2014 8:04 AM, Larry wrote:
Swingman wrote in

Bet that folks on gun forums, like the below, would jump
all over it:

http://forums.1911forum.com/index.ph...fce79f3c20af2c
3b3a8546ec03

In my experience advertising on forums is generally frowned
upon. Especially a new guy joining and the first post is selling
something. I've got a couple of places that pictures are
floating around and getting good feedback from most everyone.
Just don't know if I can make enough money at it to make it
worthwhile.

Sure, from a user, but many web based forums have provisions, along with
separate sections for sponsors and advertisers, and IME it is usually
quite inexpensive for advertising. One of the ways they stay in business.

If you decide to start making them for sale to the public, don't
discount such a targeted audience (no pun intended).

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Larry wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
[...]

well, just so you know, the buddy that wanted one for his
wife said he'd pay $125-150.
Is that more inticing?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
[...]

Send him my way. Depending on what he wants and the artwork
provided I'm pretty sure I can work within those confines. ;o)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
[...]

He wants one just like you already made or maybe the one on the website

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
[...]

I don't know if anyone noticed but the 1911 sign is reversed.
It shows the left side features on the right side. I have
corrected the drawing but that reverses the sign. Also
changing the text is not a problem. I can add/remove text as
desired.

Either way there's an email link on my home page where he can
contact me.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Larry" wrote in message ...

I don't know if anyone noticed but the 1911 sign is reversed.
It shows the left side features on the right side. I have
corrected the drawing but that reverses the sign. Also
changing the text is not a problem. I can add/remove text as
desired.

All this time I thought you were simply not discriminating against left
handed people... ;~)

BTW, you are in good company... that famous photo of Billy the Kid that had
people thinking he was left handed turned out to be a transposed negative...

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"John Grossbohlin"
wrote in m:

"Larry" wrote in message

I don't know if anyone noticed but the 1911 sign is
reversed. It shows the left side features on the right
side. I have corrected the drawing but that reverses the
sign. Also changing the text is not a problem. I can
add/remove text as desired.

All this time I thought you were simply not discriminating
against left handed people... ;~)

BTW, you are in good company... that famous photo of Billy
the Kid that had people thinking he was left handed turned
out to be a transposed negative...

If you actually noticed it on your own, you're the first. Many
people have seen the photo and nobody has mentioned it. Maybe
they're just being nice...
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Larry" wrote in message ...

"John Grossbohlin"
wrote in m:

"Larry" wrote in message

I don't know if anyone noticed but the 1911 sign is
reversed. It shows the left side features on the right
side. I have corrected the drawing but that reverses the
sign. Also changing the text is not a problem. I can
add/remove text as desired.

All this time I thought you were simply not discriminating
against left handed people... ;~)

BTW, you are in good company... that famous photo of Billy
the Kid that had people thinking he was left handed turned
out to be a transposed negative...

If you actually noticed it on your own, you're the first. Many
people have seen the photo and nobody has mentioned it. Maybe
they're just being nice...

I did notice... there was something "off" about it the first time I looked
at it and then I got to wondering if I was seeing it from the wrong side
(transparent)... but the "1911" read correctly so I wasn't sure what to make
of it. Figured it was me... I'm the kind of guy who notices white line
spacers on butt plates in cowboy movies... and the Ruger revolver used in
photos for the TV show The Americans that was not produced until years after
the time frame in which the show is set. It's an annoying habit. ;~)

John

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
On 4/17/2014 9:44 PM, ChairMan wrote:

No.....I don't want ya to post anything personal, just a
price.
Depending on the cost, my buddy who wants it for his wife
would
need/like it by july 24th, for his wifes birthday.
Just throw a ballpark out there, i think they would be
highly
marketable. The reply from my buddy in Georgetown was
"Outstanding
sign!!--never seen anything like it.....Is this made with
commercial process or just good old American creativity?
" And he knows a bunch of guys
in his T-Bird club and so on and so on

Bet that folks on gun forums, like the below, would jump
all over it:

http://forums.1911forum.com/index.ph...2c3b3a8546ec03

no doubt and many many moreg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/18/2014 9:01 AM, Larry wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

In ,
Larry belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
[...]

Don't make Minimum wage, you'll regret it.
And you'll bail.

Include a nice profit so you can purchase new bits and stuff.
Pricing too tight is a lose lose situation.

--
Jeff
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 16:01:11 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

Don't make Minimum wage, you'll regret it.
And you'll bail.

Include a nice profit so you can purchase new bits and stuff.
Pricing too tight is a lose lose situation.

Yes, and be careful you don't turn a fun hobby into another JOB with
deadlines and customers looking for fast delivery dates.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

Don't make Minimum wage, you'll regret it.
And you'll bail.

Include a nice profit so you can purchase new bits and stuff.
Pricing too tight is a lose lose situation.

Yes, and be careful you don't turn a fun hobby into another JOB with
deadlines and customers looking for fast delivery dates.

No better way to ruin something you enjoy doing.

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
news
wrote:

Don't make Minimum wage, you'll regret it.
And you'll bail.

Include a nice profit so you can purchase new bits and
stuff. Pricing too tight is a lose lose situation.

Yes, and be careful you don't turn a fun hobby into another
JOB with deadlines and customers looking for fast delivery
dates.

I intend on turning this into a part time job, however, on my
schedule not theirs.

At this point I don't even know what one cost to build. I have
assembled a list of the components so I can figure out exactly
what it costs. Some of the material I had laying aroung and
didn't include. It'll probably be an eye opener when I
actually have real numbers. Also building them one at a time
is far slower. It takes probably 1.5 hours total to build a
single base but I could probably build 20 of them with an
additional hour.

I originally thought that starting around $75 was a reasonable
price but the general concensus is that I'm cheating myself. I
still don't think they'll fetch much more than that unless
it's a custom design. I believe custom is where the money is
at. It's also about finding a market that has the money to
spend.

Thanks for the input.

Larry