Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Latest Project

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Deb

Attached Thumbnails
Latest Project-workbench1-jpg  Latest Project-workbench2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Very nice. A lot of wood and love went into that bench!

I love the side vise. How much did that shiny, chrome wheel cost?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dr. Deb wrote:

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Deb

Gorgeous. Looks like a piece of fine furniture. Surely you are not
going to actually use it!

--
G.W. Ross

At intersections / Look each way / A
harp sounds nice / But it's / Hard to
play / Burma-Shave

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very Nice.
One piece of advice. Finish putting finish on those stretchers. Even if
they won't be seen...I like the leg vise. Is the finish BLO?

On 6/26/2012 6:47 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Deb

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

G. Ross wrote:
Dr. Deb wrote:

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be
correct but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect,
but its not bad for the first attempt.

Deb

Gorgeous. Looks like a piece of fine furniture. Surely you are not
going to actually use it!

Agreed! Tell us that you are only going to use it as a flat surface for
stuff to collect on! As it should be...

And those pegs - great places to hang things...

--

-Mike-

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:96df6$4fe9c1b3
:

Agreed! Tell us that you are only going to use it as a flat surface for
stuff to collect on! As it should be...

And those pegs - great places to hang things...

Know what would be better than the pegs? Slatwall! *ducking*

j/k j/k j/k

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be
correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Very nice. A lot of wood and love went into that bench!

I love the side vise. How much did that shiny, chrome wheel cost?

I went shopping for that and found it at Grizzly for $10.75

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2012/Main/263

Item H 3189

Deb
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 6/26/2012 5:47 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Deb

That's really beautiful, Deb. And it looks very functional as well.

Larry

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dr. Deb wrote:

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Deb

To those who have been concerned, "Yes, I am going to use it." The darn
thing is too heavy (about 350lbs) to wear as a charm. lol

This was the first time I had ever tried to drawbore anything. It won't be
the last.

Being married to a "Downeaster Scot" perhaps one of the most satisfying
things is that for about $225, I have a bench that is equal to something
that I would have had to pay many multiples of that for and a bench that
will be with me for a long, long time.

Thanks for all the comments.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dr. Deb wrote:

Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct
but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

Deb

Beautiful! It looks like it will let you work some really big pieces too.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dr. Deb" wrote:
Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a
workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be
correct but there is that certain satisfaction. Its not perfect, but
its not bad for the first attempt.

Deb

Well done!

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dr. Deb" wrote:

Its not perfect, but its not bad
for the first attempt.

A flying red horse can't tell the distance from 100 ft.

Enjoy.

Lew

Latest project Nate Perkins Woodworking 28 June 18th 05 04:09 PM
Latest project - yet another box Nate Perkins Woodworking 5 May 27th 05 07:21 AM
Latest Project WillR Woodturning 3 March 24th 05 06:55 PM
Latest Project with my Son Sam Brooks Woodworking 1 March 21st 05 12:25 AM