Segmented lighthouse 1 of 2

Old January 4th 09, 11:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Segmented lighthouse 1 of 2

After waiting a month or two, my ISP finally has news feeds again. Hot
dog! I finished this lighthouse in mid-November. The primary woods
used are maple & purpleheart, with a gnarly looking cherry base, and a
bit of brass in the fence.

I used a 15 watt candelabra bulb which runs pretty cool, but gives off
reasonable light for reading in bed or perhaps a "romantic interlude".
It's around 30" tall, finished w/Formby's Tung Oil Finish.

Enjoy...

....Kevin

Attached Thumbnails
Segmented lighthouse 1 of 2-img_6169-jpg  Segmented lighthouse 1 of 2-img_6171-jpg
Old January 5th 09, 12:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
After waiting a month or two, my ISP finally has news feeds again. Hot
dog! I finished this lighthouse in mid-November. The primary woods
used are maple & purpleheart, with a gnarly looking cherry base, and a
bit of brass in the fence.

I used a 15 watt candelabra bulb which runs pretty cool, but gives off
reasonable light for reading in bed or perhaps a "romantic interlude".
It's around 30" tall, finished w/Formby's Tung Oil Finish.

My eyes aren't what they used to be.

But I am reasonably certain that the picture displayed here is neither a
lighthouse nor a lamp.

Old January 5th 09, 05:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
After waiting a month or two, my ISP finally has news feeds again. Hot
dog! I finished this lighthouse in mid-November. The primary woods
used are maple & purpleheart, with a gnarly looking cherry base, and a
bit of brass in the fence.

I used a 15 watt candelabra bulb which runs pretty cool, but gives off
reasonable light for reading in bed or perhaps a "romantic interlude".
It's around 30" tall, finished w/Formby's Tung Oil Finish.

My eyes aren't what they used to be.

But I am reasonably certain that the picture displayed here is neither a
lighthouse nor a lamp.

Sigh. Sure don't know how I did that. Oh well - I guess I'll try again
later tonight. Stay tuned...

....Kevin

Howdy, does anyone have a lighthouse pattern for a truning? The wife loves lighthouses and I'd like to try and turn one for her upcoming birthday. [email protected] Woodturning 11 February 2nd 06 06:25 AM
Segmented/Stave Lighthouse... Kevin Miller Woodturning 7 December 20th 05 03:54 AM
PAY - Lighthouse J T Woodworking 0 January 21st 05 09:14 PM
REQ: Lawn Lighthouse plans Mike Woodworking 0 November 1st 04 04:53 AM
Lighthouse Mortage -- Selling Loan During Refinance Stage? Google Mike Home Ownership 1 March 23rd 04 04:37 PM