DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Segmented lighthouse 1 of 2 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/268189-segmented-lighthouse-1-2-a.html)

Kevin Miller[_2_] January 4th 09 11:23 PM

Segmented lighthouse 1 of 2

2 Attachment(s)
After waiting a month or two, my ISP finally has news feeds again. Hot
dog! I finished this lighthouse in mid-November. The primary woods
used are maple & purpleheart, with a gnarly looking cherry base, and a
bit of brass in the fence.

I used a 15 watt candelabra bulb which runs pretty cool, but gives off
reasonable light for reading in bed or perhaps a "romantic interlude".
It's around 30" tall, finished w/Formby's Tung Oil Finish.

Enjoy...

....Kevin

Lee Michaels January 5th 09 12:42 AM

Segmented lighthouse 1 of 2

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
After waiting a month or two, my ISP finally has news feeds again. Hot
dog! I finished this lighthouse in mid-November. The primary woods
used are maple & purpleheart, with a gnarly looking cherry base, and a
bit of brass in the fence.

I used a 15 watt candelabra bulb which runs pretty cool, but gives off
reasonable light for reading in bed or perhaps a "romantic interlude".
It's around 30" tall, finished w/Formby's Tung Oil Finish.

My eyes aren't what they used to be.

But I am reasonably certain that the picture displayed here is neither a
lighthouse nor a lamp.

Kevin Miller[_2_] January 5th 09 05:42 PM

Segmented lighthouse 1 of 2

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
After waiting a month or two, my ISP finally has news feeds again. Hot
dog! I finished this lighthouse in mid-November. The primary woods
used are maple & purpleheart, with a gnarly looking cherry base, and a
bit of brass in the fence.

I used a 15 watt candelabra bulb which runs pretty cool, but gives off
reasonable light for reading in bed or perhaps a "romantic interlude".
It's around 30" tall, finished w/Formby's Tung Oil Finish.

My eyes aren't what they used to be.

But I am reasonably certain that the picture displayed here is neither a
lighthouse nor a lamp.

Sigh. Sure don't know how I did that. Oh well - I guess I'll try again
later tonight. Stay tuned...

....Kevin