Boy Scout Camp Footlocker (0/1)

Old June 1st 08, 09:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Boy Scout Camp Footlocker (0/1)

This is the result of a thread on the wreck.

The box is 1/2" cherry ply and is 32W x 16D x 14H.

The brass hardware is left over from some old jobs.

The finish is shellac.

This was a fun project.

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
Old June 1st 08, 10:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
This is the result of a thread on the wreck.

The box is 1/2" cherry ply and is 32W x 16D x 14H.

The brass hardware is left over from some old jobs.

The finish is shellac.

This was a fun project.

Tom, looks like you are raised the hurdle for your council... the trunks I
built sure got people talking and I'd anticipate that you will hear all
kinds of fun comments too.

John

Old June 2nd 08, 02:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
This is the result of a thread on the wreck.

The box is 1/2" cherry ply and is 32W x 16D x 14H.

The brass hardware is left over from some old jobs.

The finish is shellac.

This was a fun project.

Tom, looks like you are raised the hurdle for your council... the trunks I
built sure got people talking and I'd anticipate that you will hear all
kinds of fun comments too.

John

When My son and I were scouting, the patrols built patrol boxes, but we
never used foot lockers. The scouts built the boxes under adult supervision.

Except for summer camp, our monthly camping trips were back packing and the
whole troop had Timberline tents.

I miss those outings. :-)

Old June 3rd 08, 05:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thanks to all for the kind words.

My son likes it but he doesn't have anything to compare it to.

He'll probably see what everyone else has and wonder why I was too
cheap to buy him one.

....sigh...