Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Half Trunks for Scout Camp

Carcass is white pine, trim is white or red oak, lid and bottom lines with
Eastern Red Cedar. Photos show various stages of completion...
Attached Thumbnails
Half Trunks for Scout Camp-halftrunk20070603w-jpg  Half Trunks for Scout Camp-halftrunk20070635w-jpg  Half Trunks for Scout Camp-halftrunk20070649w-jpg  Half Trunks for Scout Camp-halftrunk20070654w-jpg  Half Trunks for Scout Camp-halftrunk20070658w-jpg

Half Trunks for Scout Camp-showcase200810w-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
Carcass is white pine, trim is white or red oak, lid and bottom lines with
Eastern Red Cedar. Photos show various stages of completion...

Looks very nice.

However things must have changed since I was in the scouts (40 years ago). We
packed everything in using a backpack. (Of course we also walked ten miles to
school in the snow and it was uphill both ways.)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 29 May 2008 23:05:12 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

Carcass is white pine, trim is white or red oak, lid and bottom lines with
Eastern Red Cedar. Photos show various stages of completion...

Very nice work, John.

Thanks for posting the pix.

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

John Grossbohlin wrote:
Carcass is white pine, trim is white or red oak, lid and bottom lines
with Eastern Red Cedar. Photos show various stages of completion...

What is the photo HalfTrunk20070635w? I thought it was the cutting the
dovetails on the side, but does not quit look right for sides.

--
Keith Nuttle
3110 Marquette Court
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Keith nuttle wrote:

What is the photo HalfTrunk20070635w? I thought it was the cutting the
dovetails on the side, but does not quit look right for sides.

It's the pin side.

Chris

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dan Coby" wrote in message
" (Of course we also walked ten miles to
school in the snow and it was uphill both ways.)

You had school? We had to find a smart person and follow them around

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
Keith nuttle wrote:

What is the photo HalfTrunk20070635w? I thought it was the cutting the
dovetails on the side, but does not quit look right for sides.

It's the pin side.

Yup... with half the waste chopped out.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dan Coby" wrote in message
m...
"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
Carcass is white pine, trim is white or red oak, lid and bottom lines
with
Eastern Red Cedar. Photos show various stages of completion...

Looks very nice.

However things must have changed since I was in the scouts (40 years ago).
We
packed everything in using a backpack. (Of course we also walked ten miles
school in the snow and it was uphill both ways.)

Same deal for me... I've still got the nearly 40 year old pack and frame
too... used it to haul my stuff to camp last summer while my son used his
trunk. ;~)

John

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

Carcass is white pine, trim is white or red oak, lid and bottom lines with
Eastern Red Cedar. Photos show various stages of completion...

Very nice work, John.

Thanks for posting the pix.

You are welcome Tom. I'm anxiously waiting to see your interpretation of the
foot locker!

John