Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Shop Cats

I see a lot of pix posted with shop cats and/or dogs. We've got five indoor
and somewhere around 15 or so (named) outdoor cats, but I've always kept
them out of the shop for safety reasons, both mine and theirs (plus I figure
they'd wig out the first time I rev up the chop saw). Any comments? How do
your animals do in your shops?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Well, I use to have a Basset hound, Flash, and she was no problem with the table
tools. On the other hand, my father use to have this beautiful cat that had
lost his tail in the shop one day. According to my father, he turned on one of
the power tools on and it scared the daylights out of the cat, he jumped on the
band saw table and the rest is history. He did look kinda funny with out a tail
after that.

Ray
===

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
Well, I use to have a Basset hound, Flash, and she was no problem with the table
tools. On the other hand, my father use to have this beautiful cat that had
lost his tail in the shop one day. According to my father, he turned on one of
the power tools on and it scared the daylights out of the cat, he jumped on the
band saw table and the rest is history. He did look kinda funny with out a tail
after that.

Ray
===

Well, he should have taken the cat to Walmart.
j4
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jo4hn wrote:
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
e did look kinda funny without a tail after that.

Well, he should have taken the cat to Walmart.

Any retailer would do, no need to choose the largest.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Clifford Heath wrote:
jo4hn wrote:
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
e did look kinda funny without a tail after that.

Well, he should have taken the cat to Walmart.

Any retailer would do, no need to choose the largest.

score one for Clifford!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Shop Cats (0/1)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:05:04 -0800, "Victor De Long"
wrote:

I see a lot of pix posted with shop cats and/or dogs. We've got five indoor
and somewhere around 15 or so (named) outdoor cats, but I've always kept
them out of the shop for safety reasons, both mine and theirs (plus I figure
they'd wig out the first time I rev up the chop saw). Any comments? How do
your animals do in your shops?

Mine (5 cats and a dog) until the DC goes on... then all but the 2 male cats are
in another part of the house.. I think maybe they teleport there..lol

The oldest, 14 pounds of shop kitty, can sleep under the lathe with the DC on
and shavings covering him...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Shop Cats (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Shop Cats-ricky1-jpg  Shop Cats-ricky2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:06:42 -0600, "Kate"
wrote:

Mine hide when it gets noisy.....
Do you not spay and neuter?????

Kate

Only the pets...

"Victor De Long" wrote in message
.. .
I see a lot of pix posted with shop cats and/or dogs. We've got five indoor
and somewhere around 15 or so (named) outdoor cats, but I've always kept
them out of the shop for safety reasons, both mine and theirs (plus I figure
they'd wig out the first time I rev up the chop saw). Any comments? How do
your animals do in your shops?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The inside ones, definitely. The outside ones aren't really ours. They
just know where there is food. When we can catch them and provide homes for
them, we always have them fixed and vaccinated first. We've probably done
that with a dozen or so in the past year or so (getting harder to find them
homes!)

"Kate" wrote in message
Mine hide when it gets noisy.....
Do you not spay and neuter?????

Kate

"Victor De Long" wrote in message
I see a lot of pix posted with shop cats and/or dogs. We've got five
indoor
and somewhere around 15 or so (named) outdoor cats, but I've always kept
them out of the shop for safety reasons, both mine and theirs (plus I
figure
they'd wig out the first time I rev up the chop saw). Any comments? How
do
your animals do in your shops?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

That's a great pic!