Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Project in planning: End Table Design Candidate 2 of 3

Blender-rendered image in living room setting.

Attached Thumbnails
Project in planning: End Table Design Candidate  2 of 3-endtablewithwallincorrnerwithourcouchtextureangledview04-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Blender-rendered image in living room setting.

I absolutely am more drawn to this picture over the first as I like the
frames between the drawers to only be between the left and right side legs.
The first picture indicates a notched frame to fit between the left, right,
front, and back legs. Too busy IMHO.

Have you tried the same basic lay out except with the drawers centered
between the top and bottom? Just to see what that would look like? Either
way, this one appears to be a winner.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Blender-rendered image in living room setting.

I absolutely am more drawn to this picture over the first as I like the
frames between the drawers to only be between the left and right side
legs. The first picture indicates a notched frame to fit between the left,
right,
front, and back legs. Too busy IMHO.

Actually, the only difference you are seeing is in the rendering. The top
shelf is only between the side legs, the frame for the raised panel is what
you are seeing in the first image; it is flush with the top of the top
shelf, there is no notch in the top shelf.

Have you tried the same basic lay out except with the drawers centered
between the top and bottom? Just to see what that would look like?
Either way, this one appears to be a winner.

No, the client (my wife) saw a design with an open shelf between the top
and start of the drawers. Said client wouldn't be happy if I reduced the
amount of useable space in that region. :-) Since I want to keep the
client happy, I don't think I'll go there.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

No, the client (my wife) saw a design with an open shelf between the top
and start of the drawers. Said client wouldn't be happy if I reduced the
amount of useable space in that region. :-) Since I want to keep the
client happy, I don't think I'll go there.

Well I use AutoCAD and "my clinet" is sometimes easily swayed with a few
clicks of the mouse, but I hear you. ;
Her way looks nice. ;~)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Leon wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message

Blender-rendered image in living room setting.

I absolutely am more drawn to this picture over the first as I like the
frames between the drawers to only be between the left and right side
legs. The first picture indicates a notched frame to fit between the
left, right,
front, and back legs. Too busy IMHO.

Actually, the only difference you are seeing is in the rendering. The
top
shelf is only between the side legs, the frame for the raised panel is
what you are seeing in the first image; it is flush with the top of the
top shelf, there is no notch in the top shelf.

I just took a look at what might happen if I put the side rails inside the
legs and under the top shelf. Something else that is going to require some
consideration here. Hmmm

Attached Thumbnails
Project in planning: End Table Design Candidate  2 of 3-endtablesidepaneloption-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

After looking at latest rending - an opinion and a suggestion. I like your
client's idea for an open area under the top. To me that's a nice clean
design feature and it's practical for a bedside table (quick place to put
books, glasses, etc in the evening). The suggestion would be to turn the
bottom two drawers into a single drawer. Not visually, though - you can keep
the design as is. The front is just a "false" 2 drawers thatopens as one
larger drawer. That suggestion is just based on the volume of books and junk
that accumulates in a bedside table (based on how my bedside tables get
used).

My 2 cents.

Gary in KC

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Leon wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Gary A in KC wrote:

After looking at latest rending - an opinion and a suggestion. I like your
client's idea for an open area under the top. To me that's a nice clean
design feature and it's practical for a bedside table (quick place to put
books, glasses, etc in the evening). The suggestion would be to turn the
bottom two drawers into a single drawer. Not visually, though - you can
keep the design as is. The front is just a "false" 2 drawers thatopens as
one larger drawer. That suggestion is just based on the volume of books
and junk that accumulates in a bedside table (based on how my bedside
tables get used).

Thanks. This is going to be living room end-tables, but your comment is
still a valid suggestion. I think we are OK on deep storage, so will
probably keep the shallow drawers, but would certainly consider that idea
for other applications.

My 2 cents.

Gary in KC

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Leon wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:

I just took a look at what might happen if I put the side rails inside
the legs and under the top shelf. Something else that is going to require
some consideration here. Hmmm

Um, nope. Just MHO, but that doesn't do anything for me. I like the sides
in the legs...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller, Juneau, Alaska