Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Primitive art? (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Primitive art? (1/1)-ironwood-pa1-jpg  Primitive art? (1/1)-ironwood-pa2-jpg  Primitive art? (1/1)-ironwood-pa4-jpg  Primitive art? (1/1)-ironwood-pa5-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ironwood-PA3.jpg (38.5 KB, 27 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

Very handsome Mac.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

OMG Mac, it's beautiful!
I think you stopped in the perfect place. I'd love to have a bowl like that.
What kind of wood is it?

Kate

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Great work, Mac.. Really nice.. Keep that one for yourself and family..
Don't sell it..! Show it off..

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

That is pretty cool, I like iron wood and the natural colors in it anyway.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:32:24 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .

Very handsome Mac.

Oh, thanks, Leon.. I didn't realize that I was in the picture...
sorry, weird morning..

Thanks, Leon..
come on down and teach me flat work... ready for a Baja vacation?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:27:24 -0600, "Kate"
wrote:

OMG Mac, it's beautiful!
I think you stopped in the perfect place. I'd love to have a bowl like that.
What kind of wood is it?

Kate

Thanks, Kate... Desert ironwood burl..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 07:43:31 -0800, "Jim Hall"
wrote:

Great work, Mac.. Really nice.. Keep that one for yourself and family..
Don't sell it..! Show it off..

Sort of what we were thinking, Jim..

I did a show this weekend and had it there Sunday... Priced at $250
If someone is actually willing to pay that much, it won't go on the wife's
kitchen island to hold utensils..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Primitive art? (1/1) (0/1)

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:07:47 -0700, "asmurff" wrote:

That is pretty cool, I like iron wood and the natural colors in it anyway.

Me too.. I never saw any besides pen blanks until a month ago.. now all of the
sudden, I have about 200 pounds of it!

I did an outdoor show this weekend and had 6 or 7 ironwood pieces displayed..
I kept them in the shade as much as I could and whenever someone picked one up,
I'd tell them to hold it in the sun... They were blown away at all the colors
and shades that showed up..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Primitive art? (1/1) (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Primitive art? (1/1)-jan-08-show-01-jpg  Primitive art? (1/1)-jan-08-show-02-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote:

Aw for cryin' out loud. Now mac's gone upscale on us and is gonna be
featured in the Del Mano gallery or some such, and start charging the cost
of a good SUV for his work. I just hope you remember us 'little guys' down
the road. We'll still be here...

....Kevin
(Looks great)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:58:47 -0900, Kevin Miller wrote:

mac davis wrote:

Aw for cryin' out loud. Now mac's gone upscale on us and is gonna be
featured in the Del Mano gallery or some such, and start charging the cost
of a good SUV for his work. I just hope you remember us 'little guys' down
the road. We'll still be here...

...Kevin
(Looks great)

Oh, my head is getting SO big..lol

Ya know I joined the "San Felipe Fine Arts Association" in November...
Seems to be about 15 members, all older than me, and you gotta work at that..

Cost me$10 for show entry AND 2007 membership.. Just paid another $10 for 2008
and found out (are you ready for this?) that I'm a "juried" member...

Sounds impressive, er?? lol

Hey, it was a big show this weekend.. I sold 1 piece for $45.. That comes out to
$2 an hour, if you don't count the cost of the bowl..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mac,
That iron wood is really something to look at.We don't get a lot of that up
here in Maine.
Really nice work on the bowl too.
Kevin Cleary
wrote:

mac davis wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:13:52 GMT, "Kevin Cleary"
wrote:

Mac,
That iron wood is really something to look at.We don't get a lot of that up
here in Maine.
Really nice work on the bowl too.
Kevin Cleary

Thanks, Kevin..
I'd never worked with it in Calif. and spent a year here in MX hoping to find
some..
Last month, a guy GAVE me a huge (like 50 pounds) chunk of ironwood burl and I'm
really learning the good and bad of it..

One of the really bad parts is the smell when you're working it, especially when
the band saw or sanding burns it a little..
My wife hates the smell and my shop is in the house..

I've been spraying my air filter with Fabreeze..lol

.. .