Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default testing a new news reader - 1 attachment

My old news reader would not let me send anything on the news groups. So
after looking at everyones pictures I thought after around 6 or 7 years of
not posting thought I'd get off my hind end and get a new reader, Just
testing for now.

If the pic comes through this is a hot air balloon clock I did for a lady
who loved hot air balloons. Its made out of mesquite

Attached Thumbnails
testing a new news reader - 1 attachment-balloon1-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Jim B" wrote in message
.. .
My old news reader would not let me send anything on the news groups. So
after looking at everyones pictures I thought after around 6 or 7 years of
not posting thought I'd get off my hind end and get a new reader, Just
testing for now.

If the pic comes through this is a hot air balloon clock I did for a lady
who loved hot air balloons. Its made out of mesquite

She must have been thrilled.

It is nice to custom make things for somebody's special interests.

This is obviously not an off the shelf item!

Good work. I love the wild grain yo have going on in this peice.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in
:

She must have been thrilled.

Thanks, I had to make her a second one. I had to send it out of state and
we she recieved it, it was in pieces. The box looked like someone had been
playing football with it.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice... Is that all scroll saw magic or did you have to carve some of it..?
Looks great..! What a great present..! I would be a little nervous about
last tree on left, but never worked with mesquite either, so maybe its
strong enough to keep it from breaking off easily.. Damn shame you lost
the first one you made..

"Jim B" wrote in message
.. .
My old news reader would not let me send anything on the news groups. So
after looking at everyones pictures I thought after around 6 or 7 years of
not posting thought I'd get off my hind end and get a new reader, Just
testing for now.

If the pic comes through this is a hot air balloon clock I did for a lady
who loved hot air balloons. Its made out of mesquite

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Jim Hall" wrote in
:

Nice... Is that all scroll saw magic or did you have to carve some of
it..? Looks great..! What a great present..! I would be a little
nervous about last tree on left, but never worked with mesquite
either, so maybe its strong enough to keep it from breaking off
easily.. Damn shame you lost the first one you made..

Thanks, its all scroll work.
As I have learned most scroll work breaks easy.