Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default chifferobe

Here is a chifferobe I just finished up for my aunt. Made of red oak and
stained with a mixture of General gel stain brown mahogany and georgian
cherry. As much as I hate staining and prefer a natural finish (she wanted
a dark reddish finish), the gel stain at least made the job bearable.

I still need to install a hanger rod in the right side, but otherwise it's
ready for delivery!

Eric

Attached Thumbnails
chifferobe-dsc01678-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01681.JPG (54.7 KB, 153 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Eric Yancey" wrote in message
Here is a chifferobe I just finished up for my aunt. Made of red oak and
stained with a mixture of General gel stain brown mahogany and georgian
cherry. As much as I hate staining and prefer a natural finish (she
wanted a dark reddish finish), the gel stain at least made the job
bearable.

I still need to install a hanger rod in the right side, but otherwise it's
ready for delivery!

Eric

Agree about natural, but Aunty will love it and love you. Nice job.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Eric Yancey wrote:

Here is a chifferobe I just finished up for my aunt. Made of red oak and
stained with a mixture of General gel stain brown mahogany and georgian
cherry. As much as I hate staining and prefer a natural finish (she
wanted a dark reddish finish), the gel stain at least made the job
bearable.

Sometimes you gotta do what the end user wants. You don't want to wind up
like the old computer programming guru who, when finding his product was
not being embraced by users and told that he should have consulted with
them prior to development to find out what they needed emphatically
stated, "I don't need to consult with users to find out what users need! I
tell users what they need!"

I still need to install a hanger rod in the right side, but otherwise it's
ready for delivery!

Looks good. Good job, I'm betting that's going to make someone very happy

Eric

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Eric Yancey wrote:
Here is a chifferobe I just finished up for my aunt. Made of red oak and
stained with a mixture of General gel stain brown mahogany and georgian
cherry. As much as I hate staining and prefer a natural finish (she wanted
a dark reddish finish), the gel stain at least made the job bearable.

I still need to install a hanger rod in the right side, but otherwise it's
ready for delivery!

Eric

Excellent Job!

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Those are my principles. If you don't
like them I have others. (Groucho Marx)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Eric Yancey" wrote in message
Here is a chifferobe I just finished up for my aunt. Made of red oak and
stained with a mixture of General gel stain brown mahogany and georgian
cherry. As much as I hate staining and prefer a natural finish (she
wanted a dark reddish finish), the gel stain at least made the job
bearable.

I still need to install a hanger rod in the right side, but otherwise it's
ready for delivery!

Eric

Normally. I agree with you about a natural finish, but when it comes to red
oak, I agree with your aunt.

Excellent job.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
Eric Yancey wrote:

Here is a chifferobe I just finished up for my aunt. Made of red oak and
stained with a mixture of General gel stain brown mahogany and georgian
cherry. As much as I hate staining and prefer a natural finish (she
wanted a dark reddish finish), the gel stain at least made the job
bearable.

Sometimes you gotta do what the end user wants. You don't want to wind
up
like the old computer programming guru who, when finding his product was
not being embraced by users and told that he should have consulted with
them prior to development to find out what they needed emphatically
stated, "I don't need to consult with users to find out what users need!
tell users what they need!"

Hey, I resemble that remark! My day job is software development so I've
been known to do just that

Looks good. Good job, I'm betting that's going to make someone very
happy

Thanks!