Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default A whole lot of nails

One of my brothers send me this.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston

Attached Thumbnails
A whole lot of nails-att00009-jpg  A whole lot of nails-att00001-jpg  A whole lot of nails-att00002-jpg  A whole lot of nails-att00003-jpg  A whole lot of nails-att00004-jpg

A whole lot of nails-att00005-jpg  A whole lot of nails-att00006-jpg  A whole lot of nails-att00007-jpg  A whole lot of nails-att00008-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dave In Houston" wrote in message
One of my brothers send me this.

Can you say "adjustable depth" nail gun?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/11/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Dave In Houston" wrote in message
One of my brothers send me this.

Can you say "adjustable depth" nail gun?

I can!

But it strikes me that adjusting depth as often as it would take would
end up making it no more time-saving than doing it by hand.

Or, maybe not.

--
NuWave Dave in Houston

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:49:29 -0600, "Dave In Houston"
wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
m...
"Dave In Houston" wrote in message
One of my brothers send me this.

Can you say "adjustable depth" nail gun?

I can!

But it strikes me that adjusting depth as often as it would take would
end up making it no more time-saving than doing it by hand.

Or, maybe not.

hmmmm.... wonder what his planer looks like?:-}
looks like a lotta time involved but way kewl!

skeez
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Wow......time consuming, and notice the brace on the wrist.......
Beautiful work.
jloomis
"Dave In Houston" wrote in message
. ..
One of my brothers send me this.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dave In Houston" wrote in message
. ..
One of my brothers send me this.

I have seen some fish sculptures made with nails. It looks good. The nails
end up looking like scales.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Glad I read this thread...That fish scale idea sounds terrific....Great item
for our salmon auction, although galvanized or stainless nails might have to
be considered to avoid rusting??? :O)

Keith P

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Dave In Houston" wrote in message
. ..
One of my brothers send me this.

I have seen some fish sculptures made with nails. It looks good. The
nails end up looking like scales.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Salmo" wrote

Glad I read this thread...That fish scale idea sounds terrific....Great
item for our salmon auction, although galvanized or stainless nails might
have to be considered to avoid rusting??? :O)

Did you say salmon?? LOL

I saw the sculpture in a salmon themed restaurant. I was quite taken by it.
I asked if anybody there knew anything about it or who the artist was. I
did talk to the guy who bought it.

He said that the artist used a big plank to beat the nails into. Cedar??
The background was gouged out in rippling grooves after the nail sculpture
was done. The artist went over the sculpture several times with different
sized hammers to smooth the lines out.

When it was all done, the whole thing got sandblasted. Then several coats
of a clear finish was applied to the nails. The wood was masked off for
this. There is little to no finish on the wood. I am sure that there were
some air tools involved, expecially in the final "smoothing".

I never got around to trying this as I am "artistically challenged".

It was eerily beautiful. I don't know what it is, but nail art is quite
inspirational. It may because I am so familiar with nails in their
traditional role.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I'd say he nailed it!

-Zz

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:39:59 -0600, "Dave In Houston"

One of my brothers send me this.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:46:30 -0800, Zz Yzx wrote:

I'd say he nailed it!

-Zz

You hit that one right on the head..

wrote:

One of my brothers send me this.

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Which nails to use Chris Styles UK diy 23 October 28th 06 09:28 PM
The nails Torge Home Repair 4 September 2nd 06 04:41 PM
2' Nails [email protected] UK diy 7 April 3rd 06 05:19 PM
no nails shushin UK diy 8 May 7th 05 07:30 PM
plasterboard nails jacob UK diy 9 May 10th 04 12:25 PM