Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default shop shot

As promised, here's mine.... where's yours? ;-)

jc

Attached Thumbnails
shop shot-ne-corner-jpg  shop shot-nw-corner-jpg  shop shot-sw-corner-jpg  shop shot-se-corner-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

so clean! and a tv too!
nice.
jloomis
"Joe" wrote in message
. net...
As promised, here's mine.... where's yours? ;-)

jc

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 06:57:19 -0700, "jloomis" wrote:

so clean! and a tv too!
nice.
jloomis

Gotta have a tv!
I have the 13" tv/dvd from our trailer in the shop... I don't watch much tv on
it, mostly turning dvd's, but it's nice to have handy..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I couldn't work in that shop...it is way too clean and way to organized....

Joe wrote:

As promised, here's mine.... where's yours? ;-)

jc

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:49:26 -0500, mapdude wrote:

I couldn't work in that shop...it is way too clean and way to organized....

Joe wrote:

IMHO, organized is GOOD and a clean shop just needs a project to make it
normal.. ;-]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Joe wrote:

IMHO, organized is GOOD and a clean shop just needs a project to make it
normal.. ;-]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Thanks mac,

Actually, there's at least two projects in evidence. The outside ring of a
game table against the drill press and a pile of parts on the outfeed table
for a mission coffee table. The legs standing on the countertop are for a
ladies vanity.

jc

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 06:57:19 -0700, "jloomis" wrote:

so clean! and a tv too!
nice.
jloomis

Gotta have a tv!
I have the 13" tv/dvd from our trailer in the shop... I don't watch much
tv on
it, mostly turning dvd's, but it's nice to have handy..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

My tv is mostly tuned to xm on direct tv, but it *is* entertainment, so it
counts....

jc

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"mapdude" wrote in message
. ..
I couldn't work in that shop...it is way too clean and way to organized....

Didn't used to look that way, but I would spend all day looking for [insert
tool name here].

jc

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:00:05 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

.. .

Joe wrote:

IMHO, organized is GOOD and a clean shop just needs a project to make it
normal.. ;-]

Thanks mac,

Actually, there's at least two projects in evidence. The outside ring of a
game table against the drill press and a pile of parts on the outfeed table
for a mission coffee table. The legs standing on the countertop are for a
ladies vanity.

jc

Ok.... in that case it IS way too clean... lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:01:42 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

"mapdude" wrote in message
I couldn't work in that shop...it is way too clean and way to organized....

Didn't used to look that way, but I would spend all day looking for [insert
tool name here].

jc

I know where everything is in the shop.. and what pile of stuff I need to pull
it out from under...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote

I know where everything is in the shop.. and what pile of stuff I need to

pull
it out from under...

If that's the case then you obviously don't have enough "stuff".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/25/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

He did build me this great little bench about a week ago so I have room for
all of my little stuff, and it keeps me out of his hair.

Attached Thumbnails
shop shot-workspace-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kate wrote:
Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

Nice natural light.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kate wrote:
Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

He did build me this great little bench about a week ago so I have room for
all of my little stuff, and it keeps me out of his hair.

Nice bench! This is clearly a female workspace. WAY to clean for a man.
And what about the TV? Is that Lifetime Network on in the background? :-)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:05:52 -0500, "Kate" wrote:

Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

He did build me this great little bench about a week ago so I have room for
all of my little stuff, and it keeps me out of his hair.

Well... It's nice, if the DP is his...
VERY nice work area if it's yours..

Gotta keep it in respective, Kate... you carve boxes, not charter boats.. *eg*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
"Kate" wrote in message
Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

He did build me this great little bench about a week ago so I have room

for
all of my little stuff, and it keeps me out of his hair.

Nice kitchen island! ... where's the stove?

Oooohhh, Swingman... you're going to be walking funny due to where your
bass is gonna be when she gets done with you.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I am jealous Kate. Looks great to me. I have this little shed in the
back garden. The shed is only 6 ft X 6 ft. and I have a full size Myford
Maestro lathe and a bench with a grindstone and a belt sander in there.

Tom

"Kate" wrote in message
Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Joe" wrote in message
. net...
As promised, here's mine.... where's yours? ;-)

jc

for some reason, Kate's post didn't show up..... Can someone repost please?

jc

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I just picked up the DP last weekend at a yard sale for $20!
It had a little rust on it but it cleaned up really well and it works like a
champ.
So, it's mine, all mine all mine.

I'm going to buy him a nice big one for Christmas I think. He's been a
pretty good boy.

AND

If I wanna do boat work *WEG* I'll go horn in on his shop Muhahahahaaa....
prolly have to clean it first though.... again.

Kate

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:05:52 -0500, "Kate" wrote:

Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

He did build me this great little bench about a week ago so I have room for
all of my little stuff, and it keeps me out of his hair.

Well... It's nice, if the DP is his...
VERY nice work area if it's yours..

Gotta keep it in respective, Kate... you carve boxes, not charter boats..
*eg*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I usually listen to the TV, not so much watch.
Not to mention the presence of a 4 year old, regularly, behind me playing
trains and cars and making me nuts.

The big blue thing, is hubby's Dillon 650 - reloading press. I bought it for
him several years ago, he keeps me in ammo. Him too, but me first LOL
http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/con...catid/1/XL_650
Geeze, the price has actually gone DOWn since I bought it. I ahte it when
that happens.

Kate

"Charley" wrote in message
Kate,

That's a nice bench for carving, but it's way too neat for me, definitely a
woman's space. I usually have so much around me that I can hardly see my
bench.

How can you work while watching TV? That looks like a safety hazard to me. I
have to watch what I'm doing or I leave blood stains on my projects.

What is the big blue thing next to the TV?

Charley

"Kate" wrote in message
Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

He did build me this great little bench about a week ago so I have room

for
all of my little stuff, and it keeps me out of his hair.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"ROY!" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:05:52 -0500, "Kate" wrote:

Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

He did build me this great little bench about a week ago so I have room for
all of my little stuff, and it keeps me out of his hair.

That's not an ashtray on the benchtop, is it?

Ummmm.... yup *cringing*
On again, off again.

Don't lecture me... I'm prolly older than you.

Kate

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Kate" wrote in message
Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

He did build me this great little bench about a week ago so I have room

for
all of my little stuff, and it keeps me out of his hair.

Nice kitchen island! ... where's the stove?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/25/07
KarlC@ (the obvious)

yea yea yea... barefoot and pregnant.... LOL

K.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

My jaw just dropped...
Hon, you need to take over the garage or something!
Heck, build a bigger shed!
I still have room to park my Jeep in the garage..

K.

"Kate" wrote in message
Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kate" wrote

yea yea yea... barefoot and pregnant.... LOL

Well, woodworker's can always find time for the important things.

BTW, I like your carving tool/chisel rack ... might want to steal the
design. Thanks!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/25/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Kate" wrote

yea yea yea... barefoot and pregnant.... LOL

Well, woodworker's can always find time for the important things.

BTW, I like your carving tool/chisel rack ... might want to steal the
design. Thanks!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/25/07
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Thanks...
I told hubby what I wanted, he whipped it up.
I'll pass on the praise, he'll appreciate it.

He's not REALLY a woodworker, he's much more comfortable with a welder than
a saw but he did a great job on it all things considered.
He even made it out of some scrap maple plank from our floor remodeling
project last summer.

Kate

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kate" wrote

On again, off again.

Don't lecture me... I'm prolly older than you.

On the 16th of this month it will be 16 years since I quit, cold turkey,
after 30 years.

That said, should I ever be advised of numbered days with certainty there
will a case of Marlboros sitting beside a Margarita machine in the kitchen
faster than you say "salt shaker".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/25/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kate wrote:
Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

He did build me this great little bench about a week ago so I have room for
all of my little stuff, and it keeps me out of his hair.

With color TV with remote control and a glass of vodka, what more
could you ask for?

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

This is precisely the sort of thing
that people who like this sort of
thing will like.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I quit for 16 years, started again for a year an d a half, quit again for 6
years, started again a year and a half ago, eventually I'll make up my mind.
My Doctor is a smoker, he listens to my chest and says I'm doing fine and
then grimaces when he says I should quit. Though we have been known to sneek
out and have a smoke together.

I'm proud of you
You stuck to it!

Kate

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Kate" wrote

On again, off again.

Don't lecture me... I'm prolly older than you.

On the 16th of this month it will be 16 years since I quit, cold turkey,
after 30 years.

That said, should I ever be advised of numbered days with certainty there
will a case of Marlboros sitting beside a Margarita machine in the kitchen
faster than you say "salt shaker".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/25/07
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Kate" wrote in
:

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Kate" wrote

On again, off again.

Don't lecture me... I'm prolly older than you.

On the 16th of this month it will be 16 years since I quit, cold
turkey, after 30 years.

That said, should I ever be advised of numbered days with certainty
there will a case of Marlboros sitting beside a Margarita machine in
the kitchen faster than you say "salt shaker".

I had a grant due on 15 November 1976. I finished the pack I was smoking
and I haven't looked back since. I had quit for some time before, and
then I started again, so I knew how difficult it was to quit (for me),
then just sneak an occasional smoke. You're pretty soon hooked again.

I am constantly reminded how difficult it is to stop, so I respect those
who cannot. However, I'd like to encourage anyone and everyone to stop.

Good luck!
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

BTW, I like your carving tool/chisel rack ... might want to steal the
design.

For your kitchen?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On the 16th of this month it will be 16 years since I quit, cold
turkey, after 30 years.

Now about that shop. You said how you would have to clean your husbands
shop before you used it. I had to check the bolts on my ass to make
sure it wasn't going to fall off I was laughing so hard. My shop is 1/2
of a two car garage. If I am working in there, the car gets outed. But
sometimes it gets pretty dirty in there and I am not the cleanest
woodworking in the world. Sometimes I will go for weeks and not clean
up the piles of sawdust under my saws, or my lathe, etc. After all, I'm
just going to get it dirty again. Anyway, my wife just CANNOT stand it
so she will clean it up for me when I go run errands, etc. She doesn't
put things away for me because she doesn't really know where I want
things to go, but she will sweep up all of the sawdust on the floor, and
put tools and things into little organized piles. Automotive tools in
one pile, woodworking tools in another, scrap pieces of wood in another,
etc. And it just takes me minutes to finish it up. Bless her little
heart. That is ONE of the reasons that I have kept her for 40 years. :-)

Preaching mode activated:

One evening as I was going home from work (and I had worked a couple of
hours overtime), I stopped in at a local 7/11 and bought a new pack of
cigarettes. Sitting in the house watching the news there was a couple
of stories about famous people dieing from lung cancer but I didn't
think much about it. Until I was going to work the next morning. I
took out my pack of cigarettes and there was only two left in the pack
that I had just purchased the night before.

That got me thinking (and the pain was tremendous :-) ). Anyway, my
wife didn't like me smoking and I had two small kids in the house (ages
4 and 7). I also started running some numbers about how much smoking
cost me and the things I could do with that money. But the thing that
got me most was that if I didn't do something I would be one of those
people with lung cancer. I threw the two remaining cigarettes away and
have not had another smoke since. That was 26 years ago today.

The bottom line is that if you want to quit, it is all attitude and or
motivation. If you want to quit badly enough, you will. And if you
want to STAY quit, you will. As for motivation, the 4 year old would be
a great place to start.

You've heard the sayings like "Once a smoker, always a smoker." Well
I'm here to tell you that is not necessarily true. It takes a long
time, and it is very difficult, but you can get completely over it. I
no longer have ANY urges to smoke what-so-ever. As a matter of fact, I
now find the smell of cigarette smoke to be really awful.

Sorry for the preachifying. I don't usually do this but smoking is one
of the things that I would really like to see people stop doing.

Preaching mode deactivated:

have fun in whichever one of the shops you choose, and keep up the good
work. :-)

Wayne

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:41:19 -0400, Gerald Ross wrote:

Kate wrote:
Ok, I'm jealous.
My hubby has a big ol shop up on the hill, I have this little workspace in
the garage.

He did build me this great little bench about a week ago so I have room for
all of my little stuff, and it keeps me out of his hair.

With color TV with remote control and a glass of vodka, what more
could you ask for?

Couple of ice cubes and a slide out keyboard tray?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

Finished the gig, packed up, sicker and sicker by the minute, and madder and
madder at myself for just how stupidly I let those cigarettes wag my tail,
threw what was left of the pack (about half) out the window ... and haven't
had one since.

... and thank gawd it was raining, or about an hour later I would have gone
back and found that half empty pack!

Smoking was one of the most pleasurable things I've ever done in life, if
for nothing else the opportunity to "take a break" during a hectic day, stop
the express train and have a smoke. Hell, I actually stopped a war to take a
smoke break on more than one occasion.

I don't miss the cigarettes so much after all these years. But what I do
miss is that down time, "pause that refreshes", multiple times a day.

After 7 years, I can walk by a group of people taking a smoke, catch a
whiff, and still think it sure would be nice to join 'em. But since my
judgment is not currently clouded by nicotine addiction, I can make that
decision *not* to do so without too much difficulty.

I had just bought a new carton when I decided I'd had enough. I offered
to sell the last 9 packs to a coworker who smoked the same brand for
about 60 cents on the dollar. The cheap ******* turned me down, 'cause I
guess he thought I'd GIVE them to him. Ha! I said "your loss" and
proceeded to rip them up and throw 'em in the garbage!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"NoOne N Particular" wrote

[...]

Similar story:

November 16, 1991, freezing rain, I'm sick as a dog with a cough/fever, and
onstage playing a local, packed concert under _hot_ lights. During the break
before the last set and, being out, went to the cigarette machine in the
venue. Naturally, they did NOT have my brand (I was down to smoking Merit
Ultralights (3 packs a day) thinking it's gotta be the lesser of multiple
evils).

Naw .. nothing else would do, I gotta have those damn Merits. No problem,
advised there was a convenience store "about three blocks away", I take off
on foot, with no coat and still sweating from those stage lights ... three
block turns into 8 there, and 8 back, in the freezing rain. By this time, if
I wasn't sick before, I damn sure hadn't wasted the opportunity to be that
way!

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

Damn ... I thought it was a real sacrifice throwing away a half a pack!
Cheap bastid that I am, I think I may have delayed my "last cigarette" a
couple of days on a new cartoon.

Saw they were close to $4/pack here at the local convenience store the
other
day.

At three packs a day, that's a Unisaw, some wood for a medium sized
project,
and a new Forrest blade, every six months!

Perspective, perspective!

There was a famous person years ago, my foggy memory forgets who at the
moment, who was tight with a dollar. He also smoked, He did not see the
financial picture with his smoking.

So his wife initiated a unique stop smoking plan. She would throw some
money out the window, down the sewer drain, etc every time he lit up. And if
he lit up a cigar, she threw away even more money.

And to keep it interesting, each month she INCREASED the amount of the
offerings to the tobacco gods. This poor guy was in acute tightwad pain
every time she threw that money away.

It took three months, but he couldn't bear the financial pain any more. He
gave up smoking and saved the money each month he would have spent on
smoking. This went to a "mad fund" that would be spent on enjoyable things
that he would have never bought if he continued smoking.

I thought it was inspired genius on the wife's part. She understood what
pushed his hot buttons. And fully exploited it to make a major improvement
in his life. I also thought it was interesting that the health issues meant
nothing to the guy. It was the money that was the primary motivator.