Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Maple and Cherry Bedside Tables

For last Christmas I promised my daughter and her husband a set of bedside
tables. I finished these several months ago and am finally getting around
to posting them.

I don't see curly cherry very often, but when I found one piece with very
pretty curl in the stack a couple years ago, I put it aside for just the
right project. This was the project. The carcass, drawer front and doors
are curly maple, the legs and drawer pulls are cherry, and the top is the
curly cherry piece that I had stored away. The door fronts are resawn and
bookmatched and ganged together as a single door although they appear as
double doors. The finish is oil and wax with shellac inside the carcass and
drawers.

They were very pleased with them and they were fun to do.

Bob

--
Remove NOSPAM from address to reply

Attached Thumbnails
Maple and Cherry Bedside Tables-img_1779-jpg  Maple and Cherry Bedside Tables-img_1789-jpg  Maple and Cherry Bedside Tables-img_1762-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
For last Christmas I promised my daughter and her husband a set of bedside
tables. I finished these several months ago and am finally getting around
to posting them.

I don't see curly cherry very often, but when I found one piece with very
pretty curl in the stack a couple years ago, I put it aside for just the
right project. This was the project. The carcass, drawer front and
doors are curly maple, the legs and drawer pulls are cherry, and the top
is the curly cherry piece that I had stored away. The door fronts are
resawn and bookmatched and ganged together as a single door although they
appear as double doors. The finish is oil and wax with shellac inside the
carcass and drawers.

The tops and fronts of these tables are stunning. Good job.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:39:02 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

They were very pleased with them and they were fun to do.

Great figure, and a great job popping it!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nice Bob.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Bob wrote:

.... snip

I don't see curly cherry very often, but when I found one piece with very
pretty curl in the stack a couple years ago, I put it aside for just the
right project. This was the project. The carcass, drawer front and
doors are curly maple, the legs and drawer pulls are cherry, and the top
is the
curly cherry piece that I had stored away. The door fronts are resawn and
bookmatched and ganged together as a single door although they appear as
double doors. The finish is oil and wax with shellac inside the carcass
and drawers.

They were very pleased with them and they were fun to do.

Bob

Interesting design and very nice finishing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Umm...
would you consider adoption? I'd love to have a set of tables that nice! J/K
That wood is so full of light. It's no wonder that you saved it for
something special.

Kate

. ..