Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Taming of the Miter Saw

They said it couldn't be done. Well here are a few pictures to let you know
that 90 percent can be caught and held in the back of the saw. Top comes
down when the handle is lowered. The side pieces and cutouts are 1/4"
plywood just glued with CA glue.

Attached Thumbnails
Taming of the Miter Saw-mitersaw1-jpg  Taming of the Miter Saw-mitersaw2-jpg  Taming of the Miter Saw-mitersaw3-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

tdup2 wrote:
They said it couldn't be done. Well here are a few pictures to let you know
that 90 percent can be caught and held in the back of the saw. Top comes
down when the handle is lowered. The side pieces and cutouts are 1/4"
plywood just glued with CA glue.

Does it still work with angled cuts?

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

There is no substitute for
incomprehensible good luck.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
tdup2 wrote:
They said it couldn't be done. Well here are a few pictures to let you
know that 90 percent can be caught and held in the back of the saw. Top
comes down when the handle is lowered. The side pieces and cutouts are
1/4" plywood just glued with CA glue.

Does it still work with angled cuts?

No it does not. I guess I was having one of those dumb moments. I'm going to
take the middle wood pieces out and put in heavy material. If set back far
enough it should have no problem with turning or getting in the way of the
blade. The side pieces I will leave, they really help keeping the dust in
the box. The material I think will work fine and probably have a better fit
than the wood does.

Tim

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

What if you cut out what gets in the way for angle cuts.
Make a new copy of what you just cut out but make the outside width ( the
straight cut) say 7" longer (or what you need), cut in slots to fasten to
what you have so now you can adjust the 2 pieces left or right depending on
the angle cut.
It should help with that. Bevels get more complicated.

tdup2 wrote:
They said it couldn't be done. Well here are a few pictures to let you
know that 90 percent can be caught and held in the back of the saw. Top
comes down when the handle is lowered. The side pieces and cutouts are
1/4" plywood just glued with CA glue.

Does it still work with angled cuts?

No it does not. I guess I was having one of those dumb moments. I'm going
to take the middle wood pieces out and put in heavy material. If set back
far enough it should have no problem with turning or getting in the way of
the blade. The side pieces I will leave, they really help keeping the dust
in the box. The material I think will work fine and probably have a better
fit than the wood does.

Tim

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I did change the middle section and put in a vinly material. With some
patience you can get a pretty good fit. The saw turns easily for miters and
bevels. If I were going to make the box again I would make the sides that
come down out of 1/2" so stapleing the material would not go through the
side and hold the material to the sides a little better.

You also need a cut out for the handle not to catch on the top of the lid.
It's hard to see in the pictures. The lid is put on with a piano hinge. With
a vacuum or DC hooked to the back you would get almost all the dust.

Tim

Taming My Dog Billy Bean Home Repair 10 June 30th 07 03:47 AM
miter bar John D'Errico Woodworking 17 November 28th 06 07:44 AM
Why a miter saw? [email protected] Woodworking 22 January 31st 06 12:43 PM
Miter Saw Blade versus Sliding Miter Saw Blade? toller Woodworking 8 February 19th 05 11:03 AM
Ridgid TS miter slot and Delta miter gauge? Sammy Woodworking 0 October 4th 03 01:47 PM