Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Resurected sideboard

Before, and after.
The before photo is exactly how it was when I got it. They had already done
some stripping to the top and just left it that way for years.
A dog had chewed the legs and the decorative piece on the bottom. It turned
out pretty well though and still has an "old" look to it. I left some of the
distressed look to it so it didn't seem so refinished.

Kate

Attached Thumbnails
Resurected sideboard-buffet-before-jpg  Resurected sideboard-buffet-after-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article ,
"Kate" wrote:

Before, and after.
The before photo is exactly how it was when I got it. They had already done
some stripping to the top and just left it that way for years.
A dog had chewed the legs and the decorative piece on the bottom. It turned
out pretty well though and still has an "old" look to it. I left some of the
distressed look to it so it didn't seem so refinished.

Kate

A remarkable transformation. Nicely done!

(btw, I stole your surveyor's tripod/lamp idea.)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Eddie Munster wrote:

It has a nice look to it.
Very nicely done!

I wish I could see it.

Apparently, my news service didn't get the picture.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kate wrote:
Before, and after.
The before photo is exactly how it was when I got it. They had already done
some stripping to the top and just left it that way for years.
A dog had chewed the legs and the decorative piece on the bottom. It turned
out pretty well though and still has an "old" look to it. I left some of the
distressed look to it so it didn't seem so refinished.

Kate

Good job. I like the lamp too.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

The reason they call it the American
Dream is because you have to be asleep
to believe it. --George

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Resurected sideboard (Resized)

NoOne N Particular wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:
Eddie Munster wrote:

It has a nice look to it.
Very nicely done!

I wish I could see it.

Apparently, my news service didn't get the picture.

Mine either.

Wayne

Here are the photos resized:

Attached Thumbnails
Resurected sideboard-buffet-after-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buffet before.jpg (608.0 KB, 62 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Resurected sideboard(OOPS)Resized again

NoOne N Particular wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:
Eddie Munster wrote:

It has a nice look to it.
Very nicely done!

I wish I could see it.

Apparently, my news service didn't get the picture.

Mine either.

Wayne

(

Attached Thumbnails
Resurected sideboard-buffet-after-jpg  Resurected sideboard-buffet-before-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thanks, Charley.

NICE Job to the OP!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hey guys, thanks for all of the kind words!
I was both pleased and surprised at how well it turned out.

To those of you who loved the lamp...
It's a Hampton Bay and was at Home Depot for $299. I caught it on clearance
for $59 about a year ago. It collapses to a table lamp size too.
Great lamp but hard to find a spot to put it LOL

IF any of you were interested in tryig to build one I'd be happy to email
you close up photos.
let me know...

svtkate AT selby DOT ws

Kate

Resurected sideboard Kate Woodworking 1 May 23rd 07 01:50 PM
Sideboard Strategies? Swingman Woodworking 22 February 23rd 07 05:47 AM
Sideboard Strategies? Swingman Woodworking 0 January 10th 07 06:37 PM
Sideboard plans Cap'n 321 Woodworking 3 October 13th 06 05:33 PM
Help Request. Does anyone recognize this sideboard? Andy Woodworking 2 May 5th 05 09:13 PM