Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Me Me is offline

Default contractors saw

hello i live in the uk and own a contractors saw ,i have fitted a
sloping dust tray and have blanked the back of the saw .with some thin
mdf this works great till i want to tilt the sawblade,then i have to
remove the mdf.have any members found, or devised away of tilting the
sawblade with out removing the blanking piece.(ie with movable slats?)

tia frank
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi Me,

I saw one magazine article that showed how to cut a back closure away so
that it would clear all belts, arms etc, in any position (height or tilt).
The result was about 50% open, and didn't look to accomplish anything as far
as controlling sawdust.

My plan, when I get my round tuit, is to make a back panel that will work
with any blade height adjustment, and that is held in place with magnets, so
that it's 30 seconds work to remove before I tilt the blade. (Which I do
about once each quarter.)

Haven't done it, just thought about it.

Old Guy

"Me" wrote in message
hello i live in the uk and own a contractors saw ,i have fitted a sloping
dust tray and have blanked the back of the saw .with some thin mdf this
works great till i want to tilt the sawblade,then i have to remove the
mdf.have any members found, or devised away of tilting the sawblade with
out removing the blanking piece.(ie with movable slats?)

tia frank

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Me wrote:
hello i live in the uk and own a contractors saw ,i have fitted a
sloping dust tray and have blanked the back of the saw .with some thin
mdf this works great till i want to tilt the sawblade,then i have to
remove the mdf.have any members found, or devised away of tilting the
sawblade with out removing the blanking piece.(ie with movable slats?)

tia frank

I was able to buy a scrap of magnetic sign material from the local sign
shop and cut it to fit the back and other openings that needed to be
covered. Its easy to remove and replace and flexible enough to give a
reasonably good seal around the uneven surfaces at the back of the saw.
My setup doesn't allow tilting without removing the cover but I
don't need to tilt the blade enough that it has become an issue for me.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Doug Chapis wrote:

I was able to buy a scrap of magnetic sign material from the local sign
shop and cut it to fit the back and other openings that needed to be
covered. Its easy to remove and replace and flexible enough to give a
reasonably good seal around the uneven surfaces at the back of the saw.
My setup doesn't allow tilting without removing the cover but I
don't need to tilt the blade enough that it has become an issue for me.

Damn! Great idea.

I don't need it at present but I am sure the need will arise for a VERY
adjustable sealer for some stationary power tool in the future and I'll
know just what to do.

Thanks for thinking outside the box and sharing!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 20 May 2007 15:38:02 GMT, Me wrote:

hello i live in the uk and own a contractors saw ,i have fitted a
sloping dust tray and have blanked the back of the saw .with some thin
mdf this works great till i want to tilt the sawblade,then i have to
remove the mdf.have any members found, or devised away of tilting the
sawblade with out removing the blanking piece.(ie with movable slats?)

tia frank

I have an idea.............some of the new saws available since 1937
might just be your ticket............Good luck ******.