Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Chisel Storage

I was having problems deciding how to store chisels on my Delta 46-450
Lathe. I thought they would be in the way if I mounted them in front, and I
did not want to mount them to the wall where I would have to reach over the
lathe while it was turning.

Simple seems to be better.

I mounted the holder to the lathe skirt with Harbour Freight 1/4X20 threaded
rivets.

Now I need to Paint the entire Outfit!

Attached Thumbnails
Chisel Storage-pict0019-small-jpg  Chisel Storage-pict0020-small-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Rick Cox" wrote in message
t...
I was having problems deciding how to store chisels on my Delta 46-450
Lathe. I thought they would be in the way if I mounted them in front, and I
did not want to mount them to the wall where I would have to reach over the
lathe while it was turning.

Simple seems to be better.

I mounted the holder to the lathe skirt with Harbour Freight 1/4X20
threaded rivets.

Now I need to Paint the entire Outfit!

No dyes and shellac??

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Rick Cox wrote:

I was having problems deciding how to store chisels on my Delta 46-450
Lathe. I thought they would be in the way if I mounted them in front, and I
did not want to mount them to the wall where I would have to reach over the
lathe while it was turning.

Simple seems to be better.

I mounted the holder to the lathe skirt with Harbour Freight 1/4X20 threaded
rivets.

Now I need to Paint the entire Outfit!

What keeps the important ends from hitting each other when
you remove or replace a tool? A minor redesign - add PVC
pipe sections and some spacers between - or - just spacers
between tools.

charlie b
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Gouge/Chisel Storage for lathe - GougeRack.JPG (1/1)

This is my present approach to a gouge rack for the lathe. Shamelessly
copied from ones I saw at a NH WW Guild lathe gathering - made a lot of
sense.

The back keeps you from slicing self on the tips that are up where you
can see them.

I have not fully finished it in the sense of permanently attaching the
divider strips. As for shellac or dye, in your dreams...

It sits on an old sewing machine table (cost - $0) and you can see that
I set it at a steeper angle than the OSB scrap was originally cut (note
that the bottom edge is not parallel to the table top). Chucks and
faceplates can be piled in the void behind it, on the table top. It can
also sit on an old typing table, but the sturdy steel typing tables with
retractable casters get used for more general purposes once I've fitted
them out with additional shelves, etc...

And yes, the collection is a bit eclectic, ranging from 1952 shopsmith
on one end to Glaser on the other...

Attached Thumbnails
Chisel Storage-gougerack-jpg