cutting compound miter staves

Old October 27th 04, 02:22 PM
Art Ransom

Default cutting compound miter staves

I posted a write up on my site on how to make gauge for the table saw that
will let you set the angle of saw blade to cut compound miter staves. Cost
$20 and accurate to within 1/4 degree. In FUN STUFF section click on first
thumbnail.
--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org

Old October 27th 04, 03:45 PM
mac davis

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:22:55 GMT, "Art Ransom"
wrote:

I posted a write up on my site on how to make gauge for the table saw that
will let you set the angle of saw blade to cut compound miter staves. Cost
$20 and accurate to within 1/4 degree. In FUN STUFF section click on first
thumbnail.

ok, but can you do it on your lathe? *g*

Old October 28th 04, 02:22 PM
Martin Rost

Art,
Nice site. Interesting projects you've done. Your gauge is a variation
on the machinist's sine bar used for setting angles. All and all a very
clever way to set angles.
Martin

COMPOUND MITER CHART T. Woodworking 0 December 29th 03 05:03 AM
Advantage of a sliding miter saw? Larry Bud Woodworking 10 December 22nd 03 01:33 PM
Compound Miter saw info and recommendation Mike O. Woodworking 30 December 5th 03 05:07 PM
Looking for advice on sliding compound miter saws Joshua Woodworking 16 November 21st 03 12:15 AM
Porter-Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw $199 at My Local Costco! MyBuy Woodworking 1 November 18th 03 01:23 PM