Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Nova 3000 motor pulley

I don't know the size ... - can you easily take it off and put on
another ? - if so take it to a big auto-shop. They have belt BOOKS
that go over lots more than just cars and trucks.

Another is look for a 'belt' or Rubber company in town. They make
industrial belts. Maybe they have a source or make one.

Martin

the motor pulley on my 3000 is worn and vibrates. there is no replacement available from teknatool, any body have a source for micro ribbed pulleys? i have a vfd on the lathe, so i don't need the whole 8 step setup, maybe two or three at most.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 22:07:58 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

Cut it off and replace it with a link belt...
MUCH easier than taking the headstock apart to replace a belt and
you'll love the difference...
I've gone to link belts on all of my pulley tools...

the motor pulley on my 3000 is worn and vibrates. there is no replacement available from teknatool, any body have a source for micro ribbed pulleys? i have a vfd on the lathe, so i don't need the whole 8 step setup, maybe two or three at most.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 11:22:19 AM UTC-5, Mac Davis wrote:

Cut it off and replace it with a link belt...
MUCH easier than taking the headstock apart to replace a belt and
you'll love the difference...
I've gone to link belts on all of my pulley tools...

Link belt is what I was thinking too. I have one on my Delta Contractor saw. Can't say its better or worse or different than the regular belt that was on the saw when new. But its RED. So it must be better because its RED.. And has lots of little RED links in it.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

The talk was ribbed belt. Like on a Car or Truck - many ribs on the
long fan..... belt.

I use link belt on both my wood lathe and metal lathe. Both work just
fine and the metal lathe cuts cleanly and has the power it needs.

Link belt was made for conveyor motors driving the long lines.

Martin

On 3/15/2017 3:56 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 11:22:19 AM UTC-5, Mac Davis wrote:

Cut it off and replace it with a link belt...
MUCH easier than taking the headstock apart to replace a belt and
you'll love the difference...
I've gone to link belts on all of my pulley tools...

Link belt is what I was thinking too. I have one on my Delta Contractor saw. Can't say its better or worse or different than the regular belt that was on the saw when new. But its RED. So it must be better because its RED. And has lots of little RED links in it.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 3/15/2017 3:56 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 11:22:19 AM UTC-5, Mac Davis wrote:

Cut it off and replace it with a link belt...
MUCH easier than taking the headstock apart to replace a belt and
you'll love the difference...
I've gone to link belts on all of my pulley tools...

Link belt is what I was thinking too. I have one on my Delta
Contractor saw. Can't say its better or worse or different than the
regular belt that was on the saw when new. But its RED. So it must
be better because its RED. And has lots of little RED links in it.

It was the pulley he was trying to replace!