Shawn Wilson

Default Rockwell Beaver 10" 46410 Lathe - Newbie

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if a live center exists for a Rockwell
Beaver 10" (36" bed) 46410? It was recently gifted to me by my father
in law.

If anyone has any information on this particular model, like how to
find parts for it, please let me know.

Pics/description he
http://www.glassgiant.com/misc_gallery-album/imgid/58/

Thanks,
Shawn
Richard Shelson

Hi Shawn:

I also have a Rockwell Beaver lathe and I am ALWAYS looking for things
for it. Mine requires a live centre with a # 1 Morse taper. I suspect
yours does as well but you may want to check. Mine is a 36" gap bed
Lather also but the model number is 3400. I called Delta Tools and they
sent me a photocopy of the Owner's manual. The # 1 Morse taper live
centre is available in many places. I got mine from Lee Valley but you
can probably get one from Busy Bee, KMS Tools, Harbor Freight or any of
many other places. If you run across a small face plate (4 inches
maximum) in your travels tell me, I am going to have one made if I don't
find one soon.

Richard Shelson

Shawn Wilson wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if a live center exists for a Rockwell
Beaver 10" (36" bed) 46410? It was recently gifted to me by my father
in law.

If anyone has any information on this particular model, like how to
find parts for it, please let me know.

Pics/description he
http://www.glassgiant.com/misc_gallery-album/imgid/58/

Thanks,
Shawn

Leo Van Der Loo

Shawn, see if Lee Valley can give you some info , they used to carry
parts like spur and cup center as well as a face plate for the Beaver
lathe, but it's not in their latest catalog any longer.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Shawn Wilson wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if a live center exists for a Rockwell
Beaver 10" (36" bed) 46410? It was recently gifted to me by my father
in law.

If anyone has any information on this particular model, like how to
find parts for it, please let me know.

Pics/description he
http://www.glassgiant.com/misc_gallery-album/imgid/58/

Thanks,
Shawn

Shawn Wilson

Richard Shelson" wrote in message
I also have a Rockwell Beaver lathe and I am ALWAYS looking for things
for it. Mine requires a live centre with a # 1 Morse taper. I suspect
yours does as well but you may want to check. Mine is a 36" gap bed
Lather also but the model number is 3400. I called Delta Tools and they
sent me a photocopy of the Owner's manual. The # 1 Morse taper live
centre is available in many places. I got mine from Lee Valley but you
can probably get one from Busy Bee, KMS Tools, Harbor Freight or any of
many other places. If you run across a small face plate (4 inches
maximum) in your travels tell me, I am going to have one made if I don't
find one soon.

Actually, it doesn't use a taper. The cup center screws on to the tailstock
spindle. There's a picture of it he
http://www.glassgiant.com/misc_gallery-album/imgid/58/

I tried Busy Bee. They wished me luck .

Busy Bee supposedly has a 3" faceplate for $7.99 (reg $12.99) CDN. I tried
to pick one up but they were sold out. They said they'd have more in around
the end of April. 1" thread @ 8 TPI. This is from their Spring flier. I'm
not sure if that's local/national/international, but this was at their store
in Dartmouth, NS, Canada.

Thanks,
Shawn

Richard Shelson wrote:
Hi Shawn:

I also have a Rockwell Beaver lathe and I am ALWAYS looking for things

snip
If you run across a small face plate (4 inches
maximum) in your travels tell me, I am going to have one made if I don't
find one soon.

Hi Richard :
At busybee they got a 6" faceplate at 17.99 cad
that will suit you because the #3400 model has a 7/8" 14 tpi rh inside
spindle shaft threading.(3/4 16tpi lh outside ,as you may know)

I bought myself a 10" face plate (Oneway and elsewhere than busybee)and
had to buy an adaptor .It was not "inexpensive" as the 6" is(no adaptor
needed).

At oneway , you may get a 4" faceplate but you'll have to ask a special
threading to fit your 7/8 14tpi rh. But they ask 45.00 US for it
threading not included. So I'm wondering if the 6" faceplate(at
18.00cad) would be o.k. for your needs.
michel