Lewis Dodd

Default Faceplates

Wanted to buy, 33mmX3.5 Oneway faceplates, 3" and 4".
Thanks
Lewis

--
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
---- --Unknown

Matt Heffron

Check out the faceplates from Steve Mink at
http://www.minkcrafts.com/minkcraft_...e_pricing.html
They aren't identical to the Oneway, but they will fit it.

Matt Heffron
Inland Woodturners

"Lewis Dodd" wrote in message
Wanted to buy, 33mmX3.5 Oneway faceplates, 3" and 4".
Thanks
Lewis

Jim M

I've used faceplates from Oneway, Bestwood Tools and Don Pencil.
All are good quality faceplates. If you want ultra strong faceplates, go
with Oneway. If you want several faceplates that are good quality, but lower
cost either Bestwood Tools or Don Pencil make good aluminum faceplates.
I'd recommend you look for a faceplate that has several screw holes rather
than simply four like some that are sold. Oneway, Bestwood and Pencil's all
have several screw holes for screwing the work to the faceplate.

Don Pencil:
http://www.donpencil.com/faceplates.htm One thing I like about the
faceplates from Don Pencil is they are color coded. So if you have more than
one machine, you will recognize at a quick glace the appropriate faceplate
for the given lathe. He also offers a center marker. The center marker is
good and I find it works with my other faceplates and chucks. So when you
want to reverse turn the piece you have a center mark. Makes it easier to
align the piece then. Don offers 2.5" and 4" faceplates for the Oneway that
are listed on his website. Maybe he will also make 3". I wouldn't mind
getting some 3" plates myself. His prices for the 2.5" are $24.95 (8 holes)
and for the 4" are 29.95 (8 holes). The center finder is 16.95. Order five
or more of one item and get 10% off. The steel punch for the center finder
also works as the breaker bar to remove the faceplate from the lathe.

Oneway:
http://www.oneway.on.ca/Intro.html 3" are available in Stainless Steel 49.95
or Carbon Steel 39.95. Both are machined rather than cast and have 6 holes.
The 4" plates are 44.95 with 9 holes. Oneway faceplates have a hole for use
with their breaker bar in removing the faceplate.

Bestwoodtools:
http://www.bestwoodtools.com/ 3" faceplates are 29.99 with 6 holes. 4.5"
faceplates are 39.99 with 12 holes. The holes on the face side of the
faceplate are countersunk to allow the wood fibers to expand without causing
the work piece to move away from the faceplate. Holes are sized for #14
screws or 1/4 lag bolts. 3/8" hole in the flange to use with a bar for
removing the faceplate from the lathe.