Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
no(SPAM)vasys

Default Bandsaw off/on Switch?

Harry Curley wrote:
I have a Reliant Bandsaw 14 inch 4 speed and the off/on switch went. It is a
four posted switch and the bandsaw is 110 Volts 9.3/4 amps. There was a
company called Trend-Line Shop Supplies listed with the instruction book
but I guess they are no longer in business in Chelsea Mass.
The saw was purchase and given to me from Wood Workers Warehouse we all
know what happened to those stores. I have tried several electrical
supplies stores in my area without any luck. Any suggestions or ideas would
be gratefully accepted Harry

You might want to look at Grizzly Tools' switches. If I recall
correctly the Reliant and Grizzly bandsaws seemed identical. Here's a
link to a Grizzly web page with switches:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/sear...x=0&submit.y=0

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

"Harry Curley" wrote in message
I have a Reliant Bandsaw 14 inch 4 speed and the off/on switch went.

Any suggestions or ideas would
be gratefully accepted Harry

I mounted a standard box with a motor-rated switch on my Delta. No more
trouble than a visit to the home center.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Harry
I have one of those 4 speed taiwan made BS and my switch will refuse to
work sometimes, the problem with mine is sawdust in the switch, I blow
it out and away she goes again, I have that BS for 8 years now and
still have the original switch, maybe all you have to do is cleaning
the switch.
If not than I would replace the switch with a regular light switch.
It helps to screw, tape, or glue a flexible rubber flap over the switch
(inner tube) to keep the dust out.

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum22.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On 8 Feb 2006 14:34:01 -0800, "
wrote:

Hi Harry
I have one of those 4 speed taiwan made BS and my switch will refuse to
work sometimes, the problem with mine is sawdust in the switch, I blow
it out and away she goes again, I have that BS for 8 years now and
still have the original switch, maybe all you have to do is cleaning
the switch.
If not than I would replace the switch with a regular light switch.
It helps to screw, tape, or glue a flexible rubber flap over the switch
(inner tube) to keep the dust out.

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum22.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Just an addition to that, Leo...
I didn't have trouble with my switch, but I know that it's usually what wears
out first..
I wired up a standard 2 outlet box with a duplex plug and a light switch to
control the plugs.. plugged the BS and the extra shopvac in so that they go on
together..
(vac is hooked up to a DC port I cut on the BS door)

Mac

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Harry Curley

Thank everyone Grizzly appears to have switches that will fit my
bandsaw-Harry This is still the best group for help and information
"no(SPAM)vasys" wrote in message
Harry Curley wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Harry, when you remove the switch from the box what do the terminals
look like? If they are flat blade type, Grizzly has them for $2.95 I
believe, they also fit the Delta drill press.If this is what you need,
make sure you get 115 volt type. As others posted, you could simply use
a single pole wall switch,you would have to mount it differently.The
Grizzly switch fits lots of machines,it's a paddle switch.
mike