Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Storey

Default Sealing the Grain

I've heard tell that you can use yellow or white wood glue to end seal logs
etc to prevent cracking; just paint it on as you would anchorseal and the
like. Anyone do this? How'd it work?

--
Tom in Qualicum Beach, BC

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
jd

if you have old white or yellow glue, you can simply thin it about 50% with
water, and use it as a grain sealer on logs. I've used it as a last resort
when I ran out of the real stuff. Seems to have worked OK....

--JD