JRJohnson

Default Treadmill motor wiring diagram & testing procedures

Guys, my Jet Mini with a shop-installed but Jet supplied treadmill motor
took a tumble. Now it won't run. I have looked for obvious things like
loose wires, broken connections, cracked circuit board, etc. but do not
find anything. Looking at it didn't fix it either--don't laugh, it has
worked before!!

So if anyone has wiring diagrams and/or testing procedures, I would be
grateful for that info.

Nearest repair shop is 2 hrs away, $75 minimum charge, 10 day backlog.
Would really like to fix it myself if possible, since Jet sold out of these
motors a long time ago.

Thanks, James Johnson

william_b_noble

ok, try this - I presume you have a DC brush motor? if yes

1. apply DC power to the motor - a car battery will do - does it run?
2. check circuit board for cracks - almost guaranteed
3. power up circuit board/motor (away from lathe) verify AC power at input,
verify no DC at output
4. check SCR - anything at the output? (if no then
5. check gate drive - use a scope, that's easist - see if you have any kind
of gate drive that looks reasonable (2 or 3 volt pulses)

"JRJohnson" wrote in message
.. .
Guys, my Jet Mini with a shop-installed but Jet supplied treadmill motor
took a tumble. Now it won't run. I have looked for obvious things like
loose wires, broken connections, cracked circuit board, etc. but do not
find anything. Looking at it didn't fix it either--don't laugh, it has
worked before!!

So if anyone has wiring diagrams and/or testing procedures, I would be
grateful for that info.

Nearest repair shop is 2 hrs away, $75 minimum charge, 10 day backlog.
Would really like to fix it myself if possible, since Jet sold out of
these
motors a long time ago.

Thanks, James Johnson

JRJohnson

I can do that, except checking the gate drive. No scope. But the rest is
easy.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
James Johnson

"william_b_noble" wrote in message
news:1121216044.ca8936c9cfcd2e2c99ec4e86fea49a94@t eranews...
ok, try this - I presume you have a DC brush motor? if yes

1. apply DC power to the motor - a car battery will do - does it run?
2. check circuit board for cracks - almost guaranteed
3. power up circuit board/motor (away from lathe) verify AC power at

input,
verify no DC at output
4. check SCR - anything at the output? (if no then
5. check gate drive - use a scope, that's easist - see if you have any

kind
of gate drive that looks reasonable (2 or 3 volt pulses)

.. .